Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question. I recently picked up a 2000 750 Monster Dark this summer. Absolutely love the bike and I want to start to getting into maintaining it myself. I was looking for a Haynes manual for it, but only saw one out there that covered model years '91-'96. Is this one still ok to use as a reference guide, or is there an up-to-date one out there somewhere?

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I saw a rumor somewhere that Haynes is working on an update.
Don't hold your breath. Better get this one.
Worst thing is that the manual doesn't cover FI, but your 2000 750 is carbed anyway so it won't bother you.

Most of the important stuff is the same as it's always been.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just bought a Haynes for my '00 900 and was disappointed.

It covers a bunch of different models. Of course there is nothing on FI, but I already knew that.

I think it is written fairly poorly. For example, IMO if you tried to adjust the valves using just the Haynes manual, it would be a disaster. They also have a wacky way of adjusting the belt.

I wouldn't buy it again. All the information (and much, much more) is available for free on the Internet (valve adjusts, belt adjusts/changes, oil changes, etc.). The Internet info that I've found for those subjects seem a lot more thorough and useful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts