Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's better than riding a pack of monsters on a Saturday afternoon?

why, riding a pack of monsters down a beautiful Hawaiian coastline on a geourgous Satuday afternoon, of coarse ;)

well so far it sounds like we have 3 Yes's and 2 or 3 possably's.

Just thought I would see if there is anyone else out there interested.

We plan on getting together around 12-12:30 somewhere on the south shore of Oahu and heading for a big loop around the island. If there are any more takers, post up here and I will get in touch with you about the details as they form.

Looking forward to seeing you out there.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Vic and I are in! At least I think she is...especially if monster admirer is coming.

I'll be danged! We almost have a mid-Pacific monster club!

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I wanna come! can I get some help with the airfare for the bike and me though?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
of course, but only if you bring sourdough from the Sourdough Bread Factory and some fresh seafood from
Pike's market

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
I've visited Oahu, Kauai, and Maui, and the only one of the three that seems appropriate for owning a sport bike is Maui. On Oahu you seem to be in traffic all the time, so you might as well be riding a Harley. On Kauai the only good twisties are in Waimea Canyon, and then you still have to get on the road before the tourists. Maui has lots of good twisty roads, some of which even seem to be clear regularly.

Still, cruising on a Monster has got to be better than cruising on the most popular motorcycle in Hawaii.

I wish I could come ride with you. 8)

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
the problem with the most of the twisties on Maui is you can only go about 15 mph on them!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You musta not hit the H3 if you are looking for a place to open your bike up, this is it.

I have been turned on to a few nice twisties here on oahu, Hope to find some more too.

p.s. Sorry monsteradmirer is out. She is hosting some friends in town.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Re: Hawaii Ride 04/24/200--with pic!

The first-ever (in recorded history) monster ride took place on Oahu today. There were only 3 of us, but you gotta start somewhere. Left to right...
Devin, IAMHHAWAII, and yours truly.

Let's schedule another one soon!

PS: Jeff, how many do we need to get a Hawaii monster page?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
well...it's hard to take pictures when you're whipping down the highway. Next time, maybe we'll get some chinaman's hat pics or something for ya!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts