Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How quickly things change.

I was really happy with the service with a small Ducati only dealership here in Brisbane. But after a poor experience with the mechanic at this place I'm not very happy. This guy seems to be pretty good at suspension setups, but for some reason he adjusted my throttle and then tells me that the throttle adjuster is stripped and so I had to ride home with a loose throttle. So I left there after forking out a heap of money with a bad taste in my mouth. Got home and investigated myself only to find he had wound the lock nut out all the way and I adjusted it back up fine. No problem for me. I had the same shop go right over the bike (before this guy started with them) and they adjusted everything up and it was like a new bike to ride. They double checked all the wiring and the routing of all the cables and leads, now I've got somebody telling me they changed something that they didn't need to touch and it's broken and I've should pay for him to install a new one. It wasn't even broken. Anyway, I won't be going back unless I have to or that guy leaves. It's hard when you loose that trust. And Bevans gone, and I've got no faith in those clowns at Lutwyche.

I'm going to try a guy at Geebung, LAE racing. If anybodys used him, I'd appreciate the feedback.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
I have used Bevan at Eurotwin for some major engine and found him to excellent. I have used Ducati Brisbane and wouldn't bother going back. I have heard some good reports on LAE Racing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
oh... this doesn't sound too good then... I've just had a minor accident with my bike and have nominated Ducati Brisbane as the repairer... should I switch to Brisbane Motorcycles?

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh... this doesn't sound too good then... I've just had a minor accident with my bike and have nominated Ducati Brisbane as the repairer... should I switch to Brisbane Motorcycles?
Mate I wouldn't use either of them, but of the two, Ducati Brisbane is better.
If you have to use a Ducati dealer, I've heard good reports from John at Ducati Noosa. There is a Ducati shop in Nerang that has had good reports too.

I've heard Bevan at euro twins is back in business in Alison Rd, Bowen Hills. He seems to be a guru and has a large following. I haven't used him, I get the boys a Speedys Motorcycles to work on mine. They are great.

For painting, Qld Motorcycle Panel and Paint are awesome. Newlook at Wilston is pretty good too. I have used both of these guys and they are great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great Advice

Thanks for the advice guys. I recently bought a new Monster from Bris MC, and the experience left me seething. What terrible customer service! I wasn't treated as a valued customer at any stage in the process. Though I love the bike, I didn't ever want to take it back there. Unfortunately, they were hanging on to my Termis until the first service, so back I went at 1000km.

Same thing. I felt like a number, and that they were only trying to separate me from my money as fast as possible and get me out the door (funny enough, this would have gone even faster if I didn't have to do two laps up and down the stairs to be invoiced and then pay).

So Euro Twins, Noosa or Nerang here I come!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Rowdy:
sorry I haven't been keep up to date with my Ducati knowledge lately..
Has Bevan moved to Bowen Hill? Workshop in Sumner Park no longer there?

Cheers
SSML
@ Brisbane

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice guys. I recently bought a new Monster from Bris MC, and the experience left me seething. What terrible customer service! I wasn't treated as a valued customer at any stage in the process. Though I love the bike, I didn't ever want to take it back there. Unfortunately, they were hanging on to my Termis until the first service, so back I went at 1000km.

Same thing. I felt like a number, and that they were only trying to separate me from my money as fast as possible and get me out the door (funny enough, this would have gone even faster if I didn't have to do two laps up and down the stairs to be invoiced and then pay).

Lots of options other than Brisbane MC, luckily. Their attitude towards me makes me so angry now and it's been four years since they lied to my face and made me feel like $h!t.

You can check out whoever you like but if you get a chance, drop in and talk to Scott and Tim at Speedy's in Sumner Park. Those guys really try hard to make you feel comfortable and have gone the extra mile for me. Just sayin...

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Rowdy:
sorry I haven't been keep up to date with my Ducati knowledge lately..
Has Bevan moved to Bowen Hill? Workshop in Sumner Park no longer there?

Cheers
SSML
@ Brisbane
Scott and Tim of Speedy's Motorcycles have moved in to Sumner Park, I think where Bevan used to be? I have not had Bevan work on any of my Ducati's but have heard lots of good reports. I believe he has moved to Alison Rd, Bowen Hills. Behind Team Moto Kawasaki Bowen Hills (formally Midtown Kawasaki) and Pipe Masters. Where Al's bikes and bits and Mats metal polishing were/are. Mat polished the wheels on my ZX12R and did a fantastic job. Dunno if he's still there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
HI All, looking for an update on this thread - recommended service centres for Ducati in Brisbane? I'd been to Speedy's once for a regulator and they seemed to know what they were on about, but I'd be pretty easy to fool. Anyone got any more recent experiences they are willing to share?

·
Registered
13 Posts
winsum losesum

Our two bobs worth, albeit complete newbie in here & sorta belated post :) the spanner thread, & noticeably not many around for brisvegas bikers in most forums in the ether, was inconclusive but perhaps this is the nature of the beast.
- a 99' monster has just landed in the shed (see pic) so the learning curve begins once again, will keep updating on the experience if it's not too Hendrix or downright Iron Butterfly.
Name dropping & a wealth of experience:
I'm recent senior cit, old school, side valve rotary gearbox imperial spanner stuff. Think Kieth Coleman (son of Stan), Stan Baker, Bridgestone 350's , Ronnie Alderton for leading link/ framework setup, Richard at Gowies, Forecycles Engineering when they were in Cope St, Redfern (Martin is now managing Kempsey Motorcycles I hear, Ralph ('Lav man') has been awol for 20 years & good mate Mark, after his stint at RTV in Caboulture is currently doing up an RD350 or three in Gippsland) Ivan Tighe for genuine cam grinding & don't forget bucket racer, outfits & early rider training schemes (1980's) worldwide.
ABS braking scares the bejesus outta us (& no way anyone should ever be forced to replace a learned skill with electronics that have proven to fail)
So after hanging the 900M from the overhead C section in the workshop, in an effort to sort the uber sheisse handling & suspension dramas, the neighbour swings by & suggests Bevan & Gary @ Eurotwins in Bowen Hills. They were kind enough to book the yellow canary in before this years silly season takes off. Due for 20 thou belts & valve jobbie (anyone know if this model, 3/99 Dark has the large or small valve-stem heads?) We all agreed that it was common sense to rely on eurotwins years of expertise for general setup & tweaking.
All we hear is good things about this outfit.
That's where we are, everything crossed. In the meantime there's a parallel twin, a couple of jap multis, a TR1 minus the boat & a 22HP Briggs & Stratton Vee Twin ride-on to play with.
cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts

Darryl at Nerang is very good, but do not let any of the other clowns work on your ducati. Denis.... [email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bevan's Shop Details

Hey all,

Chelsea from Euro Twins here, Bev has been back for quite sometime so if your bike needs looking at please hit us up!

You'll find us at 41 Allison Street, Brisbane or give us a call on 07 3852 5507

Cheers !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys,

Chelsea from Euro Twins, Bev has been back for some time now so if you need your bike looked at please hit us up.

You can find us at 41 Allison Street, Bowen Hills or give us a ring on 07 3852 5507

Check out our website for more details or to send us a message www.eurotwins.com.au

Cheers !

·
Registered
13 Posts
Top job Bevan & Gary. BIG TA. Great to experience some old fashioned good will & expertise in the hood. Tick all the boxes, & then some. Still some sorting with levers, pedals &mirrors & a clutch that is to put it mildly diabolical as most dry clutches are .. think Morini, Guzzi .... . Not about to go cross country but after a few hundred clicks it is a welcome relief to know that that the desmo vee twin is still a legend.
Update: 4.01.2021 covid moments. After years of chasing this 'bloke' ... Bevan Coleman (& yes we know where he lives) ... to do the right thing, he responds with "We recommend you get in touch with Gary from RBM Racing"....."Sorry for everything, we are a bit overwhelmed".
Epic fail given we've been recommending him for over 10 years.
All in all ...
1. Very shoddy itemized invoice. Parts & labour only. Will not supply Dyno stats which he reckons he spent four hours trouble shooting.
2. We supplied new parts, we would have appreciated the OEM parts back that he took off given the $738 we spent was a total failure (the problem still existed after he had a go at it twice ... and charged us twice)
3. Charged twice for spark plugs ! OEM coil, plugs, plug caps
4. Most expensive oil change ever and they didn't replace the filter ????
Then we try and put all that behind us, forgive and forget so to speak, and book the second bike in with them for some maintenance (getting to the stage where these bones won't do what I tell them). Bevan says "your in the diary", that was back in Feb 2020, remind him via email in March ..nothing. Waiting waiting thinking he's simply busy, then in Dec 2020 we get "Sorry for everything" &
'Merry ****ing christmas
Love,
Bevan
Eurotwins
Ph: 3852 5507
41 Allison St, Bowen Hills, Qld 4006'

If he'd have said he couldn't do the job all he had to say was that he couldn't do it !! Feel ripped off entirely & we're not the type who will take matters further, we will however, given the 60 or so years of riding on most continents, 30 of which being in the industry in some shape or form, we will speak our mind.
Buyer beware is all we can say.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I've only had a duc for a year but a mate of mine suggested Theo at Biketherapy.
I've had a 20000 service and a 10000 check up through him and have been happy with the experience.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Top job Bevan & Gary. BIG TA. Great to experience some old fashioned good will & expertise in the hood. Tick all the boxes, & then some. Still some sorting with levers, pedals &mirrors & a clutch that is to put it mildly diabolical as most dry clutches are .. think Morini, Guzzi .... . Not about to go cross country but after a few hundred clicks it is a welcome relief to know that that the desmo vee twin is still a legend.
We take all that back & then some. More to come in a fresh thread/ new post.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I use Theo at Biketherapy, Archerfield.
He's usually busy so if you ring leave your name and number he will get back to you.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts