Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading the invisible thread and it makes me so angry to hear about these cagers doing ridiculous things. I think riding a bike has made me a much safer car driver. Anywho, to cheer us all up, everybody please share there stories of revenge. Be it physical, mental, or verbal, I'd love to hear it. Of course I know it's not safe to get all worked up while riding.... but with that out of the way go ahead, share the stories! ;D

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Errr.....you're asking people to tell you stories of illegal & violent experiences against cars.......on the internet?.............

·
Registered
838 Posts
When I was younger. I may have broken a window/mirror or 2 of 10. But one day while heading to JFK Airport, I had a moment with a gentlemen that caused me to run for my life after a gun multiple guns shots. One to the wind screen on my bike, the other to my Shoei. Needless to say I went down. I did not stay down. I ran for my life. Grab the side of a bus and let it drag me away. The bus dropped me at the Police in the Airport. By the time we got back to my bike, he was gone and he shot the tank twice.
To make a long story short, I don't get mad anymore. I don't fight back. I just put distance between me and the A Hole. Its the best solution.

H

·
0 Posts
When I was in high school, I got even... I took a dump on the guys windshield in the wee-hours of the morning. I still chuckle every time someone talks about getting even. ;D

BTW, I'm not kidding.

·
Registered
265 Posts
If someone ever shot at me, I'd have to hunt them down. That's just not cool. Use a gun to protect your family, not to be an a$$.

N

·
0 Posts
I cant help but retaliate on a regular basis. I split lanes for about 6 miles everyday on my way to work (going down the 22 past the 405) So, at least once a week a car pulls out in front of me. I always retaliate the same way though......by breaking (or if im lucky)knocking their mirror off. My philosophy is this: IF U DONT USE YOUR SIDE MIRROR, THEN U DONT NEED IT!!. And i justify it becuase as far as im concerned they could have killed me because they were not paying attention. Also 9 times out of 10 that person is on a cel phone, is and elderly person, or someone in a suv.

I also retaliate for other bikers, just like this week going down the 5. This guy on a harley just missed getting ran over by this suv that pulled out in front of him. It took all he had to move that hog out of the way and in the process he sideswiped another car. All this went down about 200 feet in front of me so i was able to avoid the whole whole thing. Moments later that suv had a broken side mirror.

You + neglience + possible manslaughter = You - mirror

Makes sence so me!!

I have worried about possible retaliation on me though. But at least i know my helmet will stop bullets lol!!! That should be a selling point for Shoie ;)

N

·
0 Posts
And yes what i do is illegal and dangerous but "- printing out half page or full page mailing labels / stickers praising the driver for their stupidity and affix to windshield or side window of car. " IS JUST AS DANGEROUS!! At least if i'm going to get hurt or get a ticket for something it will be for knocking off a mirror and putting a sticker on someones car. Yes both are stupid and dangerous but one gets u more gratitude.

A

·
0 Posts
I was just talking about this topic earlier today!

I had a guy do a u-turn in front of me when I was first in line at a stop light. We were both first in line at the light. Of course, I gunned it when the light changed and almost flew over the handlebars when he u-turned in front of me!

I wasn't wearing my helmet at that time (I do now after my car accident..BTW!)

Anyway, I got up next to him and was obviously pi$$ed! He looked at me and said "What you gonna do about it!?" (with an A$$faced-grin). Well, I pulled an ""Edgar Poe Wong" (for those of you who remember "Revenge of the Nerds II") and hocked a HUGE allergy-snot luggy all over his chest! ;D

The f*cker came right over into my lane with his truck but I stood my ground and I asked him "What you gonna do about that?" ;D

(This was all happening in between 3 shortly spaced stop lights.)

I got off the bike at the last stop light before the highway but he rolled up his windows and turned off on the exit.

I hate when people do stupid things and later I realized I was being stupid too. I could have just flipped him off and went on. I don't even argue now because you never know what people will do and we are too vulnerable on bikes.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
I don't even argue now because you never know what people will do and we are too vulnerable on bikes.
Absolutely!

One time, I was driving my Ford van on the freeway. A guy on a GSXR pulls in front of me while I was about to pass him. I was going 75 and he was going 50 (sitting in slow lane behind a bunch of slow cars) and he didn't even bother to speed up. Unfortunately, I couldn't swerve to the left as there was a semi there. I found that even with ABS, you can howl the tires on 2000 E van. He turns around and flips me off and gets all mad. I'm like "whatever". So we're going along and he keeps his sh!t up... really flippin me off, so I return the gesture (breaking my own rule to never "communicate" with other drivers)... then he acts like he's gonna side swipe the van. "Bring it"... he'll mar my paint and fall off his bike and I'll gladly stop to tell the CHP that he cut me off and road raged me.

Anyway, he pulls around to driver side and keeps it up. I see that he doesn't notice a slow moving car in front of him... I do the universal "eyes" symbol (pointing at own eyes) then pointed forward. He looked forward and about did a stoppie to not rearend the car.

What a jack ass. Think about how we all look because of crap like that. And in this case, all I did was drive my drive. He cut ME off and started a huge road rage incident. And... if he would have damaged my vehicle, I had his plate number and would have called the cops (if I couldn't follow him home). F that.

Road rage is stupid, regardless of who is "justified". If you justifyably get even with someone, maybe next time they'll try to actually HIT the biker, rather than be stupid oblivious cager.

Apparently in preachey mood tonite!!
Chris

·
0 Posts
Cagers have been giving me the rage lately, and I've been flicking people off, making the hand gesture like I'm grabbing the back of someone's head in an up and down motion, or just staring at them and this is what they see:

·
Registered
796 Posts
I get cut off, or run off the road on almost a daily basis during my commute. I dont see at as people pissing me off anymore, more like a video game without a restart button. Its kinda fun now.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
I have found a great way to freak out agressive cage drivers. If I have the time, I follow them. I am not agressive, i'm just in their rear view mirror. It only takes them a few minutes before they start to panic.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Like I said. I make space between me and the A Hole. But as I start to leave I still pull up the left hand pants leg to make it easier to pull the weapon. Sometimes you hear the brakes lock on the cager behind you when you do that. I never pulled it ever. Just pulling up the pants leg has been enough. People tend to slow down as you pull away.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Most cagers I have had issues with are oblivious that they did anything wrong.... They just did not see me. I really can't get mad at them, its just a fact of life. If I was angry at every stupid minivan or SUV, I would not be able to enjoy motorcycles.

Only time I take issue is with pricks in sportscars that loose face since their $50,000 corvette just lost a stoplight race to a $7000 motorcycle.

Had one case where my wife blew away a tony in a camaro (with donna in the passenger side) on a yamaha seca II of all things. He decided to save face, and prevent any further shrinking of his penis (just got whooped by a girl) it would be funny to try to run her off the road.. So I got between them, and kept slowing down to about 10 mph.. my wife sped away, he got angrier, and angrier, and kept reving his engine and rushing my bike... he almost hit my back tire a couple of times. I wanted to block him from taking off, get him to stop, and beat the ever living **** out of him, but he kept trying to gun it and pass me when ever he got a chance.

Eventually, I got some brains, let it go, and just blew him away, a very easy task on any motorcycle.

I was actually pretty pissed at myself later for taking that risk, and for giving into that anger. It clouded my judgement, and could have been a disaster if that kid actually was crazy enough to make contact with my bike (theres plenty out there.)

Being in a cage or on a bike, everything gets very anonymous. It makes it easier to get angry at "the person driving that car" than the actual person. I doubt many of us would be as angry or as ready to "kick someones ass" if we were face to face with the person, not just staring at the car.

However, catharsis does feel good, and banging on windows of minivans and SUV's that are coming into my lane is sometimes startling enough to make the stupid bitch drop her cellphone.

L

·
0 Posts
I was driving my Hummer back from LA pulling a trailer with my GSXR-1100 in the back. There is a couple on a motorcycle in front of me. This truck in the entrance lane pulls up next to them. He looks at the motorcycle, makes eye contact and just pushes him out of the way. The guy on the motorcycle was squeezed between two lanes and then moved over into another lane when it opened up. I dropped it into third, pulled up next to the truck, beeped the horn, and when he looked over at me I ran the bastard right off the freeway.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts