Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Buy leathers. I rode in my draggin jeans for about 1 1/2 today and boy am I paying for it now.

The leathers add some padding and a lot of comfort.

Tom.

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Hate the OEM seat?

I took my oem seat down to Rich's Saddles, they did a great job, and my seat is comfortable. :)

Miki

·
Registered
2,310 Posts

I have never really had any complaints about my monster's stock seat. Am I the only one? The only time I ever thought the bike was really uncomfortable was after about a 600 mile ride. My shoulders hurt...

I have never really tried an aftermarket seat. Will it make my bike feel luxuriously comfortable? that sounds good to me... Will either the leathers or the new seat do anything to effect long ride comfort? or is that more of a riding position sort of problem...

I like the idea of a more comfortable seat, but I dont really think my seat is uncomfortable. I guess I am saying I like the idea of a supercomfortable seat :)
is that what sargeant is?

ps It has crossed my mind that the fact that I am 21 makes me more tolerant of body contortions than some of you old folks!

·
Premium Member
462 Posts

ps It has crossed my mind that the fact that I am 21 makes me more tolerant of body contortions than some of you old folks!
:mad: Who you calling old ?

Stock seat had "my boys" riding on the tank. Bad after about an hour.

Sargent seat fixed that issue and the "boys" are much happier.

·
Registered
184 Posts

I dont mind the stock seat as long as I have my leathers on. I commute to work some times with my draggin jeans or with other pants, and find without the leathers after 30 min i want to get off the bike because it becomes almost unbearable....

·
Registered
584 Posts

I'm fine w/ my stock seat. In fact, I had a Corbin for a short while and absolutely HATED it. Was glad to go back to the stocker.
dion

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts

I am a small european boy.....
uh, stay away from Herb, then... he might want to check your seat out himself.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts

I like the firm stock seat. Woudn't mind a great looking Sargeant cover but the firmer foam was Corbin's main ingedient for their successful run.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts

I'm 6'3" and I HATE the stock seat.

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts

I was just going to ask if anyone else's giggle berries were getting crushed with the stock seat. I guess I have my answer now. Now I just have to make a decision on a Corbin or a Sargent.

G

·
Discussion Starter #18

The sargent's look awesome with the Italian flag and the pinstripping.

A future purchase.

Tom.

G

·
Discussion Starter #19

I am 21 and have a spinal injury, needless to say after all the talk about sargent seats on here and them being more comfy i am ordering one once i pay for my 6000 service this year. i can only ride my duc for a a couple hours befor hurting and i hope this will help.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Problem is... >

The sargent's look awesome with the Italian flag and the pinstripping.

A future purchase.

Tom.
The Corbin also has the Italian flag and the colored welting. ;)
Decisions decisions.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts