Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Between work and my Dad's health (he passed away last Tuesday) I've been away from the board for a while. What's worse, here I am back and my first question is heretical!

Anyone else see the write-up on the 2007 Triumph Tiger in the new Cycle World? I think that may be the perfect motorcycle, for me.

Like Ducati, Triumph figured out that no one is taking their "adventure tourers" offroad. Unlike Ducati (and most of the rest of the MC manufacturers) they seem to have figured out how to build a decent looking adventure tourer. Almost as light as a Monster, decent wind protection but still a somewhat naked look, capacity for hard bags, granted no Duc sound, but with pipes that Triumph triple sounds pretty darn good itself, and everyone seems to love the engine.

Anyone else like it?

David B.

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts
Hey David -

Sorry to hear about your Dad... :-\

For what it's worth, I bailed on my monster too and picked up a 2002 ST4s. Heretic, both of us!
I'm going to have to check out this Tiger you speak of...

Take care big fella, I'm sorry to hear of your loss

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi there and my condolences on the loss of your father. I lost mine in Dec, so I know it's not an easy time.

I think the new Tiger looks great and might be an ideal bike for everyday riding. It's taken some bashing in other threads for looking a lot like Japanese bikes, but one way or another it looks great in that article. Triumph has a very nice lineup in general, if you ask me. I'm hoping to add one to my garage someday.

Anyway, all the best

JMR

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Sorry to hear about your father.

Triumph worked miracles on improving the looks of one of the ugliest bikes on the market. I think the new Tiger is really nice looking. No accusations of heresy from me. :)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Thought I would do a search for this bike, typed in triumph.com and, very nice site, no bikes though!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi Dave,

So sorry to hear about your Dad. It sounds as if he's been sick. I buried my Mom August 28th. She had been a nursing home for 4 years, had lost her eye sight and clarity of thinking. I prayed that she would just go to sleep and join my Dad who died 4 years ago. Even so, it hurt pretty deeply. Losing someone you love is always tough, regardless.

I've been touched by the heartfelt responses to your loss from this group of hooligans. :angel:

As for the Triumph, I read the report, too. It sounded good enough to tickle some interest. With my short legs, seat height was an issue before. But, I'm really not looking.

I don't consider you a heretic; you're just a hopeless connoisseur of fine motorcycles. ;D[thumbsup]

Peace,

Steve

·
Registered
211 Posts
That style of bike doesn't appeal to me personally, but I agree it looks way better than any Multistrada, V-strom, etc.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I've always loved the idea of the Tiger. The bike started out as an adventure bike but they un-adventured this model as the previous models were not hanging with the Stroms, GS and KTMs off-road. If I didn't already have a standard bike this one would be a consideration but since I'm looking for an adventure bike next this one falls short in that category.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
ActionFreak said:
It looks a lot like an FZ1 to me... not saying that is a bad thing
I just traded my 2005 FZ1 (the older style, which I actually like better) in for my Ducati. It was an awesome bike....hands down.

If you like the Tiger, get it. Go with what your heart tells you, not your brain, not with motorcycles. Otherwise you'll be looking to trade next year. I went through that so many times......buying bikes based on computer generated graphs and dyno charts and always picking what the computer said was the best choice. Needless to say, after the initial buzz died off, I hated the bike and traded it in for yet another computerized decision. All bad moves. It's not a car, it's a bike. Don't use your brain on this one. Certainly don't worry about Triumph's reliability. The Tiger is an awesome bike.

Tom

·
Registered
977 Posts
Sorry to hear about your dad. It is a tuff time I'm sure. Not a bad idea to get a new bike now. Some fun with a new bike will help with the pain you are surely feeling. A close friend did the same thing.

I like the Triumph entire line on so many levels. I like the retro bikes, they are doing something there similar to what Harley does. Most, I like the performance bikes, they are taking on the big four head-on. They are keeping their prices down so they are going directly after their market and not trying for the more high end buyers like Ducati and BMW. Back in the day, Triumph was the bike of the every day guy and sportbike meant Bonniville. I'm glad to see that their back and after their old crowd. As for the Tiger I'm dissappointed that it is exclussively a street bike. I use my BMW F650 for off pavement as much as I can and would be very unsatisfied if I replaced it with a Tiger. All the bikes in this class are butt ugly so it nice to see one that's pretty.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Hey Dave, although this is a relatively anonymous forum, I sincerely feel your pain!

Whatever the choice in your new ride, you will make the right decision.

Best regards,

rich

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would suggest a test ride first, but it looks like the tiger has been upgrade to at least multistrada standards. Prob still wouldn't take that tiger to the track but who knows. Ride the Multi first, imo the Tiger styling has moved backward, it looks like a japanese bike now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts