Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love animals and I happen to have two cats of my own whom are elderly and well behaved. however my father lives upstairs from me and recently took in four (yes four) kittens, they were homeless and (farell *spelling <<<) anyway they are usually well behaved and they are house broken since day one (well not in this particular case) anyway I had most of my gear sitting on a futon and apparently one of the kittens decided to use my $250 Spidi Penta (two month wait from italy) track gloves as a catchers mit for his/her business (pee).

mother trucker :mad: and there is nothing I can do to punish them because I wasnt there to see it happen.

not sure if I can clean them or if I have to bin them.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Meh, you're a motorcyclist. Wear em. Just be glad you're not joining the hells angels and getting a giant bucket of human piss, puke and poo dumped all over you before being beaten by 30 bikers. ;D

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
When you call around to have them cleaned, make sure that they have experience cleaning cat urine from leather. It is a special process, most cleaners don't know how to do it and will just make matters worse.
Urine used to be one of the chemicals that were used to tan leather. Modern leathers use chemicals that are similar in makeup, so when a cat smells the leather they want to mark the same spot.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
I had this happen to a jacket. My cousins cat, not mine. I had a hot tub that I was geting ready to move and decided to toss the jacket in there over night and drain it the next day. Believe it or not the jacket is perfect with no cat piss smell. I am sure you could do this in a washing machine. Do not dry with heat or hang to dry. Lay flat and air dry. Treat with saddle soap when dry. This is probably against what any leather expert would recommend but I didn't care enough about the jacket to have it cleaned and had nothing to loose. Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts