·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EFI for V twin Motorcycles

http://www.performancefi.com/main/index.php
http://www.pegasusfi.com/
Wikipedia:
Generally, any two-cylinder motorcycle engine with its two cylinders at an equidistant opposite angles from the center rotation of the crankshaft is referred to as a V-twin. The Ducati V-twin is unique in that it is a 90 degree "V" leading many to refer to it as an "L-Twin" engine instead. Either usage is correct since a "V-twin" engine is not designated by a specific angle.
Finally-a fuel injection system that really works! BDL® introduces the PFI-V Electronic Fuel Injection and Ignition Control System!

Not just a replacement ECU but an ENTIRE engine management system for any V-Twin Engine!!! Kit includes everything you need for a turn-key system; throttle body, fuel injectors, ECU, sensors, fuel pump, ignition coils, wiring harness, and all mounting brackets!

What can electronic engine management do for you? By combining both electronic fuel injection and ignition control into a single package, you can expect: much more power, better fuel economy, crisper throttle response, easier starts, and complete adjustability.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Thats perfect if we wanted to convert our Harleys to FI. It doesnt look Duc freindly

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
the biggest issues with injecting something are not the management. there's plenty of stuff around for that. it's mounting the required pickups and their trigger wheels, fitting a fuel pump and return flow system, getting throttle bodies that fit and general wiring that are the big hassles. the actual ecu bit is quite easy from many suppliers.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
brad black said:
the biggest issues with injecting something are not the management. there's plenty of stuff around for that. it's mounting the required pickups and their trigger wheels, fitting a fuel pump and return flow system, getting throttle bodies that fit and general wiring that are the big hassles. the actual ecu bit is quite easy from many suppliers.
Ok, sorry I'm not too familiar with carburetors because I have only had bikes that were fuel injected. I'm considering getting an old style panhead, but am worried that the carburetor might be too troublesome for a low tech guy like me. I was looking around for some kind of fuel injection conversion kit & someone suggested Pegasus.
I just thought it might be of interest/help to someone else.
:-\

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
That system and the link is for Wink Eller's company. He showed me the software at Bonneville.
It's a pretty good system, but the reason it was developed (and you can see the ECU on the throttle body) is for a 'bolt on' for the older EVO H-D engines.
A 'Y' manifold has it's own set of problems and is a retrograde move for a Ducati.
The system is quite economical for a stand-alone FI system but that is still pretty expensive.

Doug

1 - 5 of 5 Posts