Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried putting a Ducati Monster engine in another bike or frame? What if you found an old salvage engine from a Ducati Monster and wanted to play around and build a bike on a totally different bike/frame? Would it work? Has anyone done it before?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Can't recall the name of the shop, but there's place that does Duc powered Choppers. There was a featured monster that had a custom fabed strech frame...

Anything is possible if youv'e got the skill, or money.

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
anything is possible with a little know-how

motorcycles are great for this, if you have a complete running engine, it's just a matter of fitting it inside the frame, and getting a chain to make it work

(i know it goes a bit deeper than that, but you get the idea).

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
512 Posts
TerribleTabo said:
build a bike on a totally different bike/frame? Would it work? Has anyone done it before?
I see my name has appeared a few times above -- thanks!

Anything is possible, but remember you are utilizing a Ducati engine. Thus it's best to build something cool that still retains the "heart and soul" of what a Ducati is all about -- lightweight, unique sound and great suspension components in a trellis (or at least tubular) frame that still handles. From there the limitations are wild as to what one could do next. If you do build something -- make sure it is something you desire and want passionately due to the work involved or the people building it. Then go out and enjoy it and have fun with all the comments you will inevitably get from everyone. Like I tell all my customers -- "This motorcycle is not for shy people!" -- they all agree and are surprised by the incredible response they get when riding on the road in various parts of the USA/Europe. I think it's probably the same comment you will hear from almost all of the actual owners of the unique Ducati-powered bikes from the various builders...

·
Registered
520 Posts
13 choppers is the place that uses duc engines in chopper frames made to fit the engine type

1 - 11 of 11 Posts