Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on the NYMMC forum actually met another forum member in person for a ride?

Ive tried several times, never gotten a single response? Maybe I just smell or something? lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well, since joining this forum before the summer. And finally getting a monster right when riding season is over. I havn't see much activity going in this Local forum, be it meet up or even a post.

I'm hoping that will change when '11's riding season comes around.

Btw, I'm Nelson, maybe we can meet for a ride sometime.

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
I suggest you check the other ducati monster forum (just link those together and you will find us) ;) or DESMO if looking for local duc riders. If just looking for local riders check out suspectsunlimited.com Started as a group comprised of mostly Monster riders that met here several years back (before the forum take over by VS) that have gone on to other bikes. I still have my Monster, but now own 3 bikes and rarely ride on the street. Heads up, posting a proper introduction on any of those forums will go a long way to getting responses. ;)

Michelle

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just looking to get 5 or 5 monsters together for some rides.. when the weather gets better.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, since joining this forum before the summer. And finally getting a monster right when riding season is over. I havn't see much activity going in this Local forum, be it meet up or even a post.

I'm hoping that will change when '11's riding season comes around.

Btw, I'm Nelson, maybe we can meet for a ride sometime.
Nelson, definetly. There are 3 of us that ride together. 2 1100's and a one 696. Were always looking to add someone to our little group. sounds awesome when 3 ducvs roll together? send me an email and illl send you my number.. [email protected]

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
I have an older monster anyway... probably wouldn't fit in lol :p
But to answer your original question, "yes". Many of us have met in person for rides (and more fun).

Ride Safe
Michelle

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have an older monster anyway... probably wouldn't fit in lol :p
But to answer your original question, "yes". Many of us have met in person for rides (and more fun).

Ride Safe
Michelle
Michelle, were new to the ducati scene, we dont care about year.. cc or condition. We just love to ride around... hear the beautioful sound of ducatis riding together.. and the looks we get.. since were not riding sticker laden crotch rockets, lol. hey, did you sayd you just got back from the track? Im planning on takeing the duc to the track next spring.

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
since were not riding sticker laden crotch rockets, lol.
Didn't I read somewhere you have an R1?

I don't care what anyone rides, I was just joking.

I have a Monster (first bike), an SV650 originally for the track but does dual duty (street and track, got wiser lol) and a 09 ZX-6R (Monster Ed.) for the track.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Monster 696 here, when the weather gets better I'm in.
Last summer I and another guy tried to get together with some ducati riders here in the city but no one responded, I hope next season its better I'm tired to ride with harley I can't even hear my own engine. ;-(

John

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
Im planning on takeing the duc to the track next spring.
Don't forget to check out DESMO we have a trackday every year. Next June we will be back to New Jersey Motorsports Park on the Thunderbolt course. We also have our annual Holiday party coming up in December, as well as other events (Oil Spill, BBQ, rides, etc). They are the local DOC, and a very good way to meet people in the flesh. ;)

Michelle

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Monster 696 here, when the weather gets better I'm in.
Last summer I and another guy tried to get together with some ducati riders here in the city but no one responded, I hope next season its better I'm tired to ride with harley I can't even hear my own engine. ;-(

John
well you have my email address now, [email protected] Me and my other 2 friends ride regularly. Usually we will meet in queens or brooklyn. Hit me up. It wouldd be cool to have 4 riders togetjher.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't forget to check out DESMO we have a trackday every year. Next June we will be back to New Jersey Motorsports Park on the Thunderbolt course. We also have our annual Holiday party coming up in December, as well as other events (Oil Spill, BBQ, rides, etc). They are the local DOC, and a very good way to meet people in the flesh. ;)

Michelle
I am definetly in for the desmo track day. Ive done a few track days on my r1, but I havent had the chance to take the monster out to th track yet. I love the thunderbolt course, should be alot of fun on the monster. DO they have differnet levels like regular track days, novice, intermediate, advnaced? A friend and I def want to try novice next june.

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
the DESMO trackday is organized by Absolute, and yes we typically run 3 groups (beginner, intermediate and advanced), with classroom instruction for those that want it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
count me in when you guys try to get together.
Im from Brooklyn have a s2r 1000, PM me and il give you my Email and #.
How are you John ?

·
Registered
41 Posts
count me in when you guys try to get together.
Im from Brooklyn have a s2r 1000, PM me and il give you my Email and #.
How are you John ?
Hey Bern long time I don't see you, next spring we can all get together and ride on the weekend... I still got your number....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hoping that next year I will be able to join you guys. This year was a bit crazy as I did a share in the Jersey Shore so the Monster was sitting idle for long periods. Itching to ride so much that I'm actually thinking of taking a ride to the city today, even with the cold weather we have :)
Spring can't come soon enough...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok guys.. a few people seemed interested last year. Lets see if the weather improves soon, maybe we can do a small ride, meet and greet in 2 weeks?

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
A couple of us from Suspects Unlimited dot com and ducati monster forum dot com will be at Bar Matchless in Williamsburg brooklyn 2/28 at 8:00 pm to watch the first WSB race of the season.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts