Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
A guy I talked to at VIR this year had the Termi exhaust, DP Cams, and DP Airbox with a PCIII on his Multistrada and it dyno'd at 93hp corrected at the rear wheel.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
sconly said:
it doesnt appear that the 1000ds is capable of achieving 100rwhp ???
As zarn02 said, not without headwork. I've got 4mm overbore high compression pistons, a pcIII and a nichols flywheel in mine (standard cams still), and it dyno'd at 96 rwhp. Of course the dyno was at something like 3000 feet, and it was 90 degrees... Hopefully soon I'll have some sea level results... Anyway, while 96 rwhp doesn't sound all that exciting, it only tells 1/2 the story. The other 1/2 is the 78 ft-lbs torque (more than an s4rs...). I wheelie more often than I go 150mph, so for me the fun factor of the monster torque more than makes up for the horsepower deficit.

Looking at my dyno graph it's clear that the heads are the main limiting factor of this motor... Sometime when I'm feeling stupid maybe I'll have mine worked on. Or maybe not though; I fear the more work I do to increase HP the more the power delivery will come to resemble (in terms of character, if not magnitude) the power delivery of the 4v motors (peakier). If that's what I wanted I would have bought a 4v to start with...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.