Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am thinking of going to Italian GP this year on Sept 10th and I was thinking of trying to Tour Ducati and Ferrari. Has anyone done one of the tours and was it fun or not??

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
I went to Ducati....it was awesome! Even the Mrs. thought the factory tour was great, and you can see alot of those bikes you may have been reading about in the museum.

Do a search, you will find lots of info and pictures here!

Here's a taste...

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
I'll be in Italy in June and plan to do the factory tour too. I can't wait!

I looked into Ferrari tours, but it doesn't look like they allow visitors to their factory. Let me know if you hear different.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Yes, and it is awesome.

I also go to see inside Corse, which is not on the normal tourist agenda ;D

mitt

·
Registered
979 Posts
I was there just under 2 months ago. Weekdays they only do it at 2 times, and I think Saturday has a few more tours. Because of traffic, we got there a few minutes late, but luckily my brother speaks Italian fluently (lived there for 2 years) and convinced the security guard to call the tour guy to wait and let us catch up to them. Very fun tour and inspired me to forget everything else and get a Monster (just a few more months!)

The Ferrari tour seems like it was only really for owners (as mentioned above), but they do have a museum. Also, I've heard from people that have been there that they have a test track thingy across the street and you can go check that out. Sometimes they are driving cars.

I don't know how to post pics, or I would post a few. BTW, they won't let you take pics inside the factory, but there were some wicked monsters in the parking lot!!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
MNMONSTER750,

You are one lucky person! I actually just talked to someone who went to the Ducati Factory. Call them a day ahead and get on THE LIST! You will enjoy it! I don't know about visiting the Ferrari factory.

As far as the Italian GP goes, that is DEFINITELY one of the MUST SEE races on the F1 Calendar! I have heard that there is a move by locals around the track to stop having the race at Monza. Hard to believe, but you just never know.

Have you ever been to an F1 race? If not, then you are truly in for a treat and if you have then you know exactly what you are in for! I went to the German GP at the Hockenheimring in 1996, plus I have been to the Canadien GP 3 times and the Detroit GP once.

Phil

·
Registered
225 Posts
MNMONSTER750,

My wife and I will be in Italy for the month of September. We are also going to the Italian GP.
We went to the San Marino GP at Imola back in 2001 and the Canadian GP in 2004 and they were both great!!! If you have never been to one it will blow you away.

We are also planning a trip to the Ducati Factory (also done in 2001), maybe rent a couple bikes from the factory and ride around for a day or two as well.

So if you want to hook up for the GP and or the tour let me know. I might even buy you a beer or two.

·
Premium Member
1,853 Posts
i'm hoping to make it next year with mags for motogp/honeymoon/vacation! let us know how it is! [thumbsup]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts