Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for advice on a starting problem I’m having. The bike is 2014 696 with 2700k. The bike was serviced in February with new battery, plugs, oil etc.

Recently the bike doesn’t want to turn over. It take multiple attempts to get it started and then it runs fine. I’m worried I’m going to burn the starter out from repeatedly trying to get it going.

I brought the bike to the dealership they checked over everything and could find nothing wrong with it. I get the bike back and two days later it must have taken 20 plus attempts to get the bike to full turn over.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you are able to start the bike at idle/neutral...play with the RPM/timing sensor wiring...mine shuts off whenEver i move the wiring so need to replace the sensor

·
Registered
93 Posts
Mine was like that ...... especially when it was a few degrees colder in the fall and winter . I found that getting a strong spark helped , reducing a littel the gap (forget what i used) . I honestly think its a quirk of these monsters and it really should not be like this

1 - 3 of 3 Posts