Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i cant seem to be able to get to my fuel filter. i dont see any other way, besides the filler cap, to get to it. kinda reminds me of those bottles with the sailboats inside them where you cant figure out how they got it all that inside the bottle.

can somebody please help, i dont want to go to the dealer for just a filter change. thanks

G

·
did you take the gascap assembly out of the tank? with the cap open, you can access screws to pull it apart. then within the cap base, there are grub screws that snug into a lip in the rim of the gas tank openning... get those suckers out and _carefully_ yank the whole sucker out. check out the parts diagram to see how it's put together. (www.ducati.com/bikes/catalogs.jhtml)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i got the parts list. i screwed the cap off, but the base seemed to be riveted into the tank. i may be wrong though. how exactly do i remove the base? i appreciate the info.

G

·
the base isn't rivetted fortunately. it's got (i think) 8 grub screws that wedge into the tank around the perimeter. it'll be very obvious once you remove it but not so obvious if it's the first time you're doing it.
i unfortunately don't have any pics, but peak into the base along the "wall" that the cap assembly was nestled into. you'll see little hex keyed screws. be very deliberate when extracting them because they're tiny and can strip easily (way to go ducati!)...
once all the grubs are out, you can yank the base out of the tank. i find it to be pretty tough to get that sucker out of there though... i wound up using a slotted screwdriver as a lever to pry it up a bit (stuff a rag under the screwdriver to avoid scratching your tank). and try to be "gentle but forceful" to not destroy the cap-gasket and o-ring.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I am posting based off the title. I was gonna say maybe your cock is too small. What you need to get is one of those Japanese massage girls with the little hands. When they grab it for the "happy ending" it makes your rod look huge! :eek:

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Not many people know about the happy ending, how do you know? I know because a friend told me ;)

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
a good friend of mine was telling me that she has been asked to do it after her sessions some times. I am willing to see if it is true!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts