Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

Had a lowspeed down in the rain today and seriously tweaked my handle bars... (no comment on my tank. :mad: )

I'm going to try to swap them out tonight, was wondering if anyone had any basic hints or tricks they might be willing to share?

From what I was able to find on line, I am looking for a 22mm (7/8inch) bar. The swap doesn't look too difficult from looking at the exploded view of the bars... mostly a matter of unscrewing and rescrewing things in the right order?

H

·
0 Posts
Really pretty simple. The only step I found to be at all a pain, was the fast idle lever in the left bar. It's one of those things that you could use an extra hand on. The left grip can be a buggar, but a long, thin screw driver and some windex works for me. Everything else is easy.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
If you have access to an air hose/compressor, pull the end plug on the left grip and aim the air from a blow gun type nozzle under the edge of the rubber grip. Peel the edge up a little to get the air shooting between the grip and the bar. Usually the grip will balloon up over its majority and you can pull it off with one hand while the other keeps the air aimed up under it. Did it yesterday and it took about 30 seconds to get the grip off without any damage or stretching out of shape.

·
Registered
221 Posts
i have a set of stock handlebars and the bracket that you can have if you want it. I put clipons on "el diablito" and the stock stuff is collecting dust.

Shoot me a meesage if you want'em..Just cover the postage.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
If you get a set of 3rd party bars you'll need to drill those holes yourself. Best done by putting a bit of duct tape on, marking the spot and drilling a pilot hole before you use the larger drill.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts