Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone installed handlebar risers/spacers to lift the handlebar a bit? It seems like there isn't anyone available for the monster 797...

·
Registered
231 Posts
I don't know off hand, but I'm guessing even if you could manage to find anything not too cheesy looking, it would probably run you 2 or 3 times as much as a really nice set of new bars. How much are you looking to raise it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking of custom made handlebar clamps as an alternative but it will be way more expensive. I briefly sat on the bike and think about 30-40mm. No available for test ride so I need to have alternative options. I had an Icon scrambler. I would not like that handlebar on a Monster...

·
Registered
231 Posts
Tommaselli makes the best fitting bars for Monsters in my opinion. In a wide variety of sizes and bends as well. They're tough to find in the US, but I'm guessing you wouldn't have a hard time getting them where you are.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
PO put higher risers on my S4RS. IIRC they were Ducati brand. If you look on eBay there is a variety from various bikes. I wouldn’t buy Chinese though, just my opinion. It’s not a part I would want to fail. Look for original equipment from some bike.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There could be risers from previous models that fit the 797 because the handlebar clamps may have remained the same for multiple models. But if I find a riser for another model it's not easy for me to know if it fits the 797 as well. Let's see.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
It’s a pretty basic riser design used on most motorcycles, lots of variations and heights available. No one will know it’s not a Ducati part.🤫

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have you got any link available? I am not sure universal bar risers fit the Ducati clamp. Unless you mean something like the rox risers which I don't like.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Simple single bolt design. Almost anything will fit .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I dont know if you want to go that high ... I installed then and took them out in no time
Could you share a few more pics not from that close? to see how the bike looks with them. I think the 1200 has a fatter handlebar...than the 797 I am not sure. the 797 looks more like a 22mm while the 1200 looks tapered...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts