Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, can anyone help me with advising, I want to buy some handlebar risers, ( these ) but are these ok? Can i just buy this handlebar riser without any problems for cabling etc? Or should i buy these instead?

Is there also a quality where you need to beware of? I have seen kits varies from almost $160 to this one ..

Any advice is welcome!

·
Registered
241 Posts
I just put on the Jese Racing risers. Good quality and a factory match finish. It does mount slightly different than the 696 though. All you need to do is flip over the throttle control so that the cable goes UNDER the handlebar. Not difficult at all. I can't give you a real world comparison because my bike is uninsured right now due to winter, but just sitting on it feels much more comfortable.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
. All you need to do is flip over the throttle control so that the cable goes UNDER the handlebar.
Thanks for your answers sofar,

I read in the Jess racing description you also need to drill somewhere, is it possible to show in a picture where to drill ? how did you placed the riser? did you first disconnected everything and then added the riser? or just lifted the entire handle?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Thanks for your answers sofar,

I read in the Jess racing description you also need to drill somewhere, is it possible to show in a picture where to drill ? how did you placed the riser? did you first disconnected everything and then added the riser? or just lifted the entire handle?
The drilling refers to the holes in the bars used for placement during assembly at the factory. I chose to remove the small posts with a dremel rather than drill the holes. I had my bars apart for new grips and bar end mirrors so it was already apart. If you are just installing the risers you will only need to reposition the throttle and unbolt the stock risers and insert the spacer. Total time of 10-15 minutes max.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ah! thanks i will buy the set, I will show you guys the pics when I am done!

·
Registered
42 Posts
you need risers specific for your M1100
696 has a different size bar
I'm also interested in this modification. I haven't measured the bars on my S2R1000 yet but they look larger than 7/8" where they mount then taper down for the controls. All the risers that I have seen listed online are for 7/8". Am I correct they are larger than 7/8".

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm also interested in this modification. I haven't measured the bars on my S2R1000 yet but they look larger than 7/8" where they mount then taper down for the controls. All the risers that I have seen listed online are for 7/8". Am I correct they are larger than 7/8".
On the Monster 1100, you have a conical bar; the center where the bar is mounted is 29mm, and out at the end where the controls are it is 22mm. For reference, 7/8" is roughly 22mm. In other words, the risers designed for a 7/8" bar wont work unfortunately on an 1100 ;)

Edit - OOPS! you have a S2R1000... I dont know anything about your bike or bar, sorry. I was thinking you were still discussing the M1100. My bad :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I have bought the Jess racing ones on ebay for 125 Euro.. i hope they arrive soon, when its fitted i post it here.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Edit - OOPS! you have a S2R1000... I dont know anything about your bike or bar, sorry. I was thinking you were still discussing the M1100. My bad :)
The handlebar risers for the 696 and 1100 differ ..

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Ok here are the pics ( it finally arrived) i also bought some RVS bolts (m8) as the " orginals" which came with the riser are cheap ones ..

and
and

And from a distance it looks like this..i think it makes the bike more mature...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Help me understand what I'm seeing since I don't know what the stock setup looks like. It appears to me that the jess racing riser goes on top of the stock riser. Is that correct? And you used apparently stronger bolts. How high does it actually raise the bar? Also what are the gold pieces on top of the top clamp?
The higher bar position does look good.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Also what are the gold pieces on top of the top clamp?
Yes I bought better bolts as the ones where cheaps I bought some m8 from rust free steel. The riser just fits in the original hole where the bar use to be, it rises about 2" I estimate.

The gold clamps where from my steering damper which I had to remove (for sale now) as the steering is now higher the distance for the top mount damper is too big, going to buy a side mount now..

Installation was really easy took me including removing my damper less then 1 hour..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey Sliderr, not sure what part of the planet you are from, but was curious if, weather permitting, you've ridden it yet? Make a difference? I'm looking to get a new 1100 here in the next couple of months and I'll probably do this mod immediately. Also would like to move the pegs down slightly but I don't think they have the rear sets or extenders available just yet.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts