Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Hand Brake sticking on 2018 Monster 821

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Buhgaboo 
#1 ·
I noticed while backing out of a parking space the other day it was hard to push my bike backwards.....I later found out that the front brake is hanging up and not retracking.......which is causing front brake to stick. Once I was out on the road riding I noticed after I applied pressure to hand brake I needed to manually push the brake lever back out a little to get back to resting position. Any ideas on how to adjust brake cable / handle.

#2 ·
This absolutely should not happen...there's a flat head screw on the brake cylinder piston thingy...screw it all the way in and back it out 1/4 turn...this is what I found as stock...it opens enough to not block the return port...I fear it might have been tinkered with...and if it's slow to open...it's quick to cause a crash...note how much it takes to screw in...then back it out at least a 1/4 turn...if it's adjusted incorrectly it will lock up and send you over the bars without remorse...I'm not near the part at the moment...it's packed in an unmarked box... Snap a pic if your unsure of what to adjust

If it's not that...try and loosen the pivot bolt on the lever...lever should move freely...on that note...are they cheap aftermarket levers...just watched a warning video of a similar issue with those

#6 ·
Yes Jason they are - I have a 2018 Monster 821 I purchased from Charlotte dealer with 1270 miles on it - they knew the owner and he had all services done in this bike - I have only put 700 miles on it since I got it. I did get a 1 year warranty on its so if I can't fix at home I'll probably take into ducati dealer in Atlanta to fix

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.