Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who on the board is in the New York Tri-State area? Better yet who is or will be in the Hamptons area this summer? Why do I ask you say???...well how about getting a riding group together. No not a biker gang mom relax, what do I look like to you some hog riding beer guzzler or a fat beer guzzling italian street bike rider? SPEAK UP NY!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Hamptons anyone?

I ride up on the North Fork during the tourist season.

On Saturdays and Sundays I head out at 4:30-5 a.m. from Port Wash on Rte 25A....go screaming through the vineyard roads and out to Greenport, sometimes Orient Point, occasionally hop the ferry to Shelter Island and ride there.

The Hamptons/South Fork are a sh!thole-traffic jam of NYC-glam-pukes and yuppies in Mercedes SUVs and BMWs all with cellphones firmly implanted in their ears...only sorta driving and desperately trying to look or be important

Post-Season the Hamptons are ok...but the better roads are on the North Shore all the way out to the tip.

I can show you areas and roads on the North Shore that time and assholes haven't found yet, there are little islands and peninsulas up in Mansion/Estate country that are great to ride

There is also a group of Duc riders that gathers on 25A in Centerport at the Clam Bar around 5-6 a.m. on weekends sometimes they head east sometimes off the Island and up north

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Hey I am im Great Neck so you are not too far away. By the way where do you service your bike?

Hey the Hamptons make me sicker then sick, but unfortunately there is no good surf on the north side of the island so I have to use the beaches there.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Gold Coast Motorsports in NHP for parts

Self-service guy....(one photo of my wife and you'll understand)

Yeah for waves its the South Shore

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I'm up for Long Island riding. I am in the Huntington area and was going to try and see if there's any interest in meeting at my friend's Farmingdale bar on Sundays for MotoGP or World Superbike races on the big screen TVs. Unless the Speed Channel decides to suck even more and go totally NASCAR. They don't pay Dave Despain enuff $$ to talk all that car crap that he really doesn't care about. Just my humble opinion.

Regards,

-Henry

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Ill tell you the only thing I like to watch on the speed channle is ralley racing. Their moto coverage is ailing even more and the nascar races worth watching are on national tv anyway. its a crappy channel all in all. I am up for getting a group together for rides, beer bars oand whatever else.

I'm up for Long Island riding. I am in the Huntington area and was going to try and see if there's any interest in meeting at my friend's Farmingdale bar on Sundays for MotoGP or World Superbike races on the big screen TVs. Unless the Speed Channel decides to suck even more and go totally NASCAR. They don't pay Dave Despain enuff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts