Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Hampton Roads Ducatis?

14K views 70 replies 21 participants last post by  griffplt601 
#1 ·
Hey Everyone! Just wondering if there are any clubs/ meets in my area. I'm In Virginia beach, and I haven't seen any other ducs out riding, so I thought I'd see if there was anything planed anytime soon. thanks.

#2 ·
A buddy of mine has seen a couple of Ducs in his neck of the woods. One on base at Oceana. You're welcome to join the CAM group and keep track. We've got a few as far south as Richmond. I'm planning coming down to VB sometime in the near future on the Duc. Don't know of any good routes though.

#4 ·
fireballfish said:
I think I'm the Duc on NAS Oceana (I work at the AIMD). I have a red 01 Monster 750.   I have a sister up in Waldorf, so I guess I could visit the area and check out your club.   How many members do you have total? ABout how many show up to your meets?
He works base security (I think flightline) there. Said there was a red Duc there. The CAM group is about 50 - 60 strong. We're having a BBQ Apr 29th and have about 20 members scheduled to show up. I don't think we really keep track of it. It's rather informal.

Also check out www.mad-ducati.com It's Mid-Atlantic Ducati club. They do lots of regular stuff and have a ton of get together, rides, events. Might be kinda far for you. But, some of the longer trips would be cool. They're the formal group. More than just monsters though.

#7 ·
I live in Virginia Beach. My buddy and I have '05 Monster S2R's. Mine is yellow, his is red. We ride around Pungo/Deep Chesapeake/North Carolina (Nags Head) area. I saw an article in the Auto Weekly section of the paper and there was a breakfast meeting yesterday (4/1/2006) in Suffolk of the Virginia Moto Guzzi, Ducati and Ural club. I've never been, but I had to work so I wasn't able to go and check it out. I hope to be able to do it sometime this summer.

#12 ·
yellow01m600 said:
bump....ill be in the area from oct 7 to oct 13. probably wont have the bike since im coming down with the family on house hunting leave. official transfer to NAB Norfolk 1st week in january.

Mike
Right on. I'm stationed at NAS Oceana, hopefully there will be a meeting sometime before you get here in Jan... I've been waiting patiently, but I don't think there are very many Ducs in the area... :(

#13 ·
My name is Dave and I'm a life long rider, new to the Ducati world. Just got a new S2R 1000 and I've been riding every sunny day. If any of you are still on the site drop me a line, maybe we can meet up and ride. I also ride the Pungo area.

#15 ·
Hi Oliver. I did buy my bike from Redline. The weather has been pretty good since I bought the bike so I've been able to get in a lot of miles. I was out last weekend and saw two other Ducs. One 999 and one red Monster. Didn't catch which monster because he was blasting by Bone Shakers when I saw him. I'm hoping to get out this weekend but I'm afraid the rain may stop me.

#16 ·
It's supposed to be a great weekend temperature-wise. I don't think it's really going to rain. I'll be working this weekend anyway and I won't be able to ride. :'( I saw a guy in the ER today that put his Harley down in a parking lot because someone came out in front of him. He didn't have any serious injuries, thankfully.

#17 ·
I'm determined to keep this thread alive because I know there are more Monster riders in the Norfolk / Hamton Roads area. I've seen at least 6 Monsters in the last month and it's the middle of the winter!! I'm out riding when ever the sun is shining and the temp is above 40 so let me know if anyone can get out.

#19 ·
I was out yeaterday too and my fingers were frozen even with two layers of good quality gloves. I almost went with the heated gloves but it seemed a little gimicky... I would be more than happy to meet up for a ride and would be interested in doing some of the roads in your area. It's too flat here at the beach and most of the roads are lame. I'll drop you an email so we can set something up when the weather supports.

#20 ·
ctnhd said:
Hello all,
I am in Richmond, looking for people to ride. I went for an hour ride today, man was it cold but worth it. I smiled the whole time. I need a better pair of gloves. When it gets warmer I would meet half way from the beach for a ride. Feel free to email me shanedowler@yahoo.com
Check out the CAM section and post there. You'll probably get more notice by posting there, than in this section .There are a few Richmond based folks that post in CAM.

Same goes for the VA Beach folks...

#21 ·
I too have been looking for some people in the Virginia Beach area. I've looked through the CAM section but it doesn't seem like a lot of Hampton Roads/VB peeps are posting in there. Once the weather warms up (and I get my bike back together) I'd love to have a Monster gtg. Anyone interested?

#22 ·
Nottaracer,
Just let me know when you get your bike ready. I've met a few other Monster riders in our area and I'm sure we can rope in some of the Superbike riders if we had an event planned. If the sun is shining and the temp is above 40, I'm ready to ride.

D.

#23 ·
Dhillr said:
Nottaracer,
Just let me know when you get your bike ready. I've met a few other Monster riders in our area and I'm sure we can rope in some of the Superbike riders if we had an event planned. If the sun is shining and the temp is above 40, I ready to ride.

D.
Sounds good! Once I get closer we should start the ball rolling! [thumbsup]

#24 ·
I'll be up for a get together! I ride w/ a Gussie guy(when his is running)- seen a couple monsters near me near the north end by the park(I have a silver s2r1k). Love to ride Plantation Road from Williamsburg to richmond when I can get away. Nice road, not as much traffic as in south county.

#25 ·
OK.... who's up for a ride this weekend (pending nice weather) ??? I'm in for Saturday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.