Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happened a few times now, after it got wet. Latest was when I left it out all night in the rain. When I came out the next morning, started fine, even re-started a few times. The following day, it ran fine in the morning, then wouldn't start. I fiddled with it, got it to fire, rode it for about 30 minutes, tried to restart it, no dice. Total running time after the rainy overnight: Hour-ish, including multiple re-starts.

-fuel pump spools up, starter cranks over fine. Was firing up for a spin or two, now it's not even doing that. Just cranks over.
-plugs look fine, but I haven't checked for spark.
-battery is fine (and new). Again, cranks just fine.
-all fuses, including the big 40 amp, look fine
-my gas cap does not seal well, and there was water in the ring underneath the filler cap. I put in some fuel drier (Yamaha brand), let it sit, then decided to siphon out (most) of the gas, and filled it up with 2-3 gallons of fresh stuff.

Is there anything obvious to look for? Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
33 Posts
check for spark.

Happened a few times now, after it got wet. Latest was when I left it out all night in the rain. When I came out the next morning, started fine, even re-started a few times. The following day, it ran fine in the morning, then wouldn't start. I fiddled with it, got it to fire, rode it for about 30 minutes, tried to restart it, no dice. Total running time after the rainy overnight: Hour-ish, including multiple re-starts.

-fuel pump spools up, starter cranks over fine. Was firing up for a spin or two, now it's not even doing that. Just cranks over.
-plugs look fine, but I haven't checked for spark.
-battery is fine (and new). Again, cranks just fine.
-all fuses, including the big 40 amp, look fine
-my gas cap does not seal well, and there was water in the ring underneath the filler cap. I put in some fuel drier (Yamaha brand), let it sit, then decided to siphon out (most) of the gas, and filled it up with 2-3 gallons of fresh stuff.

Is there anything obvious to look for? Thanks in advance..

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Got the same problems on my S4 w/ 19k miles. Waiting to get it into a shop. Seems like the battery is not holding a charge on mine, but the starter doesn't sound great even when its got a full charge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts