Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turned key on after hooking evrything up and putting gas in the tank fuel pump or relay runs and runs doesn't shut off...What causes this and how do I fix it?

Second problem....EOBD has locked up it will blink twice then the light will stay on.. tried to follow procedure on the card but light never turns out like it should in step 3 of the process....What have I done and what will it take to get running again? I need this bike back together and running by Sunday.... and my backup bike is down waiting for a new rear tire due to a blowout caused by road debris.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any takers on help yet? Checked battery good voltage....everything else seems to work...how would I troubleshoot this relay?

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
need some more info here, like what you took apart and how you put it back together. if you hear the fuel pump when the engine isn't running, your relay may be bad. try switching that relay with the ignition relay.

what's EOBD?

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
your immobilizer has probably engaged. maybe someone with a newer monster can describe the procedure to get you started again!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is some important 411!!!! Diagnosis ECU has died... cause...beats the heck out of me..... NOW THE IMPORTANT STUFF! If your bike refuses to start "Nothing happens when you push the starter" then go to the starter solinid on the right side of the bike below battery and take off the cap remove one of the wires and by-pass the solinoid if the problem is the immobilizer the starter won't turn. If the starter turns over then the problem is the ECU... thought some of you guys might want to know this tidbit of info. I just hope the warantee will cover it .. it should I just took it apart to paint the tank and put under the triple clamp risers on it. plus I removed the emissions crap and the crankcase breather crap.. and relocated the rectifier/regulator...And sssshhhhh I didn't change my own oil at 6k either not to mention the valve check... oooppppppssss! Wish me luck tomorrow as I plead my case.. worst case scenario is I have to buy a prograbable ECU cause I ain't gonna use a DNA one if the money is coming out of my pocket.. besides I hear some of the aftermarket ones even eliminate the immobilizer system and can you say "fine tune a monster" man now I am actually hoping they don't honor the warrantee am I sick???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts