·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Courtesy of Sir Fast Elvis,
a gentleman and a scholar
(and a very cool cat, I might add) [thumbsup]

Of course, his is no ordinary multistrada,
more like a super-strada, one could say.
But a fine example, none-the-less, of what could be
or might be.

At any rate, it was a great ride, the memory of which stays with me now
as I recollect that fine October afternoon when the traffic cleared across Mt Tamalpias
allowing a more or less unfettered frolic through the twists and turns of that favored route
down through Stinson, on past Bolinas, and into Olema.
The bike is still being broken in after it's recent transformation at Desmoto,
but even so, it's hearty and soulful pull was undeniable
a spirit that follows one into dreams
and calls them forward to something elemental
Of course, being on a borrowed bike one is inclined to take it easy
and not tempt fate in any unneccesary ways
but even so, I could feel this fine machine rolling in and out of the turns
with ease and grace
and that Ducati growl
left a smile upon my face! ;D

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm, what does it mean?

I think I'm pretty close to making a switch, and I wanted to give the multi a fair shake so I wouldn't look back and think "I shoulda..." However, as much as I enjoy the bike, I think I'd be more inclined to go with a BMW 1200GS. I've had the opportunity to test ride one quite a bit and it's still the only bike that really seems to fit: both physically (6'3" 34" inseam), and in terms of what I'm looking for in riding. After an hour or so on the Multi I was feeling a little cramped, whereas on the GS I'm just settling in. They're both great bikes, but hell, I'm a forty-something single guy with a lot adventures to take (gotta love a teacher's schedule!), so I'll probably take the GS as my long-term steed. One day I may own two bikes, the second of which may well be a Multi, because I will always love Ducatis. 8)

But who knows; it ain't over til the fat lady sings!

·
Registered
602 Posts
what fat lady....where

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Yeah, and remember that the Elvismobile is one pimped-out multistroodle. He says it makes more oomph than the new 1100 motor. :eek:

Buuuuttt... Didn't you just sell a big Beemer trailie for the 'bahn-burner K bike? I'm confused...

I guess it pays to be short. I can ride my monster all day. [laugh] [laugh]

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pimped indeed. That thing is schweet :D

You're confused? Not half as confused as me! Maybe you all can help talk me down:
The bahn-burnin' K bike is a missle on wheels. I think it's pretty much dumb luck that I haven't been busted, yet (knocking on wood). Okay, I'm smart about where and when I get on it, but still, that thing is silly fast. The 1150GS I had before was a bit of a pig, though I would have done well to keep it, in retrospect, because it really did what I needed it to do. Yet, I longed for something with more attitude, style, and sound, which I found in the K bike. Problem with the K12S is that in order to FEEL like you're going fast you have to be doing 100+mph because it's simply smooth as silk. The damn thing could be a four speed and I'd be plenty happy. I actually use all the gears on a GS, or Multi for that matter. I like the 12GS because it's a lot lighter than the 1150 was, and I like the way it handles more than I do the K12S. Also it's riding position and the fact that it handles dirt and gravel so well.

Fast Elvis pointed out what a great bike the K12S is. I wish I could talk myself into keeping it, but I'm just not a high speed kinda guy. I'm looking for something that can really boogie in the turns, handle the bumps, yet has a mellow side to inspire me to slow down and smell the roses.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts