Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey everyone, i have a 2003 monster 620 with broken clocks...pretty sure it's immobilized because it wont start. are there any options besides spending $ 3,000 on new clocks, keys, ecu? is there a way to bypass and start the bike without the guages? los angeles,California. -daniel

also - would guages/ecu/keys from a 2006 ducati monster 620 work on my 03' monster 620? dealers wont fully answer my questions.. :(

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
Yes there are a couple of outfits that can reprogram the ecu and eliminate the imobiliser, around $400.

·
Registered
168 Posts
uhmmm.. are you sure its the immobilizer? is this a bike you just got? have you ruled out the obvious (battery, starter solenoid, relays, fuses???) have a red key? pin?

How many flashes on the LED when you try to start it?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the bike worked before...then i crashed it. the guages are completely broken ( in pieces. ) i've tried to jump start it from the starter but no spark...thinking the ecu (immobiliser )

·
Registered
168 Posts
wow. that sucks. yes I would say it's the immobilizer in the gauges. I would check fuses first before you scrap everything. the ecu may be intact and shorted out during the crash. either way, you will need new gauges, so I would recommend a virgin gauge (not mated to the ecu). you don't need to buy a whole setup, just a virgin set of gauges (that can run like $300-$600 depending on where you go)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bones-, any idea where i can just buy a virgin guage? ( which would save me from buying the ecu and keys) =] and could the virgin guages be programmed to the set i have on the bike already? service department at dealers wont get into details about this sort of stuff. : /

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Gauges

bones-, any idea where i can just buy a virgin guage? ( which would save me from buying the ecu and keys) =] and could the virgin guages be programmed to the set i have on the bike already? service department at dealers wont get into details about this sort of stuff. : /

Desmo-Porsche on has a set on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/DUCATI-MONSTER-620-695-S2R-S4R-DASH-CLUSTER-GAUGES-NEW_W0QQitemZ380187004492QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item5884e94e4c

·
Registered
168 Posts
if its a virgin set, it should just work out of the box.

do a search here and the other board and you will quickly get up to speed on how to do it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes there are a couple of outfits that can reprogram the ecu and eliminate the imobiliser, around $400.
can you send me details on that company,i am running a clip-on Ducati performance kit on my 2002 S4. i managed to find a sencond-hand set, but couldnt use the ECU because its be registered to the previous bike imobilser, at that time no-one was reprogramming ECU for bikes.The market wasnt large enough, if someone is now, I would like to get a quote to erase the eprom, to make the ECU for the clip-on born-again virgin, as such.

In advance, thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
To those looking for speedos I've got 2 speedo gauges for sale; one with just above 3000 miles on its Odo and a brand new one with zero miles on it.

Can post pics once I get around to doing it and if anyone is interested. Basically was looking for a nice speedo for my M900ie, got carried away (don't we all?) and bought these along with a zero-km km/h one that I will be using on the project.

Shipping from Singapore may be in the region of US$10 or so but I gotta weigh the items and see what it actually cost.

Cheers

·
Registered
238 Posts
To those looking for speedos I've got 2 speedo gauges for sale; one with just above 3000 miles on its Odo and a brand new one with zero miles on it.

Can post pics once I get around to doing it and if anyone is interested. Basically was looking for a nice speedo for my M900ie, got carried away (don't we all?) and bought these along with a zero-km km/h one that I will be using on the project.

Shipping from Singapore may be in the region of US$10 or so but I gotta weigh the items and see what it actually cost.

Cheers
Is the new «virgin» one is in km/hour ?

If so I would be interested in looking at the pics !

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a pressure sensor go out on my 05 620 a couple of years ago and the dealer installed a cluster just like the one in this ebay ad cause they already had it in stock. The bike ran fine but the mph gauge was way off. At 60 mph it would read like I was doin 100. They ordered the correct gauge cluster and it went back to normal.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts