Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Monster 800Sie with +37,000 on it. It's still running pretty good, but it recently started making a lot more mechanical noise than it used to, like parts rubbing together as they spin, and it seems to come from the bottom end. Aside from that, it needs a new starter and it's due a valve adjustment, and the clutch will need replacing soon. I could take care of those things and just keep riding it as is, but I'm considering swaping the engine for a low mile DS1000. Any opinions on what I should do? Second, I have located a salvaged 2007 GT1000 with less than 6000k miles on it and may be able to get it for less than $2000 (the whole bike). Does anybody have any experience doing such a swap? Would there be any fitting problems or should it go right in? I know it won't be easy either way, but I love my bike and I don't want an S2R or the new model, so I'm willing to fix mine. If not the GT1000, then would an S2R1000 drop in? I want to keep my dual sided swingarm too.

Thanks,

Joe

·
Premium Member
1,883 Posts
you will have issues with the wire harness and ecu/gauge BS, but otherwise i believe it should drop right in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts