Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Sweet! [thumbsup]

Now I know why I like those. Diamond-Like-Coating on the fork tubes. Not only functional but cool looking contrasted against the gold tubes

G

·
godofwar said:
That's gonna be a bad ass bike! That's a good idea on lifting the front wheel-- last month mine looked like a torture chamber:
The S2R is looking quite the killer! I love the gold contrast and bobber seat. Also the ingenuity in using your workout machinery. [thumbsup]

God, where is the nice looking Euro chick with the leathers and raquetball in her mouth? I see you swiped her out for the monster! [laugh]

R.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I threw the raquetball out the door and said "Fetch! I gotta put my wheels back on!"

·
Registered
346 Posts
In other news today, there has been a dramatic uptick in pricing of Gixxer front ends on Ebay...what [laugh]

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hickey said:
Are you able to use a stock Ducati front wheel and axle? What about the brake rotors -- would they be spaced properly to accept the radial calipers from a Gixxer?
I'm using a superbike wheel and the gsxr axle. I've been told the rotor will need to be spaced out 3.5mm on each side. I don't have a set of calipers yet to verfiy. New spacers will need to be cut to center the wheel also.

·
Registered
346 Posts
b.h. said:
I'm using a superbike wheel and the gsxr axle. I've been told the rotor will need to be spaced out 3.5mm on each side. I don't have a set of calipers yet to verfiy. New spacers will need to be cut to center the wheel also.
Just let me know if you want to make those spacers by me. We can surface grind them too.

MOCHAWGFE : Monster Owners of Chicagoland Area With Gixxer Front Ends

G

·
Zatoichi931 said:
MOCHAWGFE : Monster Owners of Chicagoland Area With Gixxer Front Ends
Sounds like an indian tribal name! [laugh]
I love the creativity in this, especially since price gouging is in effect.

·
Registered
346 Posts
prince_ruben said:
Sounds like an indian tribal name! [laugh]
I love the creativity in this, especially since price gouging is in effect.
Doesn't it? I thought the same.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
it's going kinda slow actually, but that was kind of expected. I haven't done much since the pictures were taken. still waiting on my calipers to come in. Mike is hooking me up with some spacers. in the meantime, I got 3 other bike projects going, painting my house, girlfriend is moving in..... I predict the monster will be finished and ready to ride in the spring.

of 2010 [laugh]

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah, I was thinking a small adapter bracket and use the stock front fender.

for the left side, you can either machine the gixxer sleeve nut, or the stock duc spacer.

I think Pete chose to machine the sleeve nut because he had a speedo pickup in place of the spacer

G

·
+1 on what BH said.

I sold my front fender and will be using a jap bike fender!

And God, you know how much I miss riding! I'd be rolling right now if I could.

R.

1 - 20 of 155 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.