Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo All-- I'm new here-- both to the board and riding. But I've got the bug and LOVE riding. I've ridden with some friends-- Daytona675, R75, but my only buddy wtih a Duc (749) moved back to Cleveland. So I'm looking to do some weekend rides.. just starting with some sunday breakfast rides or something would be cool. I'm married with a 5yr old daughter and new dog, so I don't have a ton of time on my hands to ride.. so I get my jollies seeing how short I can cut my commute down every weekday into nyc.

A guy on a 900SS stopped by the other day but I was a dope and didn't get his email and don't even remember his name. He said they do some weekend breakfast rides up to the Sterling Forest area. Demarest, NJ.

Let me know if anyone wants to hook up.

Steve

p.s. also looking for people who are interested in jamming, too. have played drums for many years. sorry-- food for another message board.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
I'm down to ride. Finally got my bike back and have been riding when i can. cant do this weekend but can the following. dont know if anyone else is still doing rides, but they should be ;)

rode to work this morning, a bit brisk but nice.

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
I'm still riding too, and it's not even that cold. A tee shirt, a gore tex shell and my leather jacket are all I seem to need right now. Oh, and I'm still using summer gloves.

After I have my 7.5k service done then I'm down to ride for whenever.

·
Registered
218 Posts
njstevo said:
Yo All-- I'm new here-- both to the board and riding. But I've got the bug and LOVE riding. I've ridden with some friends-- Daytona675, R75, but my only buddy wtih a Duc (749) moved back to Cleveland. So I'm looking to do some weekend rides.. just starting with some sunday breakfast rides or something would be cool. I'm married with a 5yr old daughter and new dog, so I don't have a ton of time on my hands to ride.. so I get my jollies seeing how short I can cut my commute down every weekday into nyc.

A guy on a 900SS stopped by the other day but I was a dope and didn't get his email and don't even remember his name. He said they do some weekend breakfast rides up to the Sterling Forest area. Demarest, NJ.

Let me know if anyone wants to hook up.

Steve

p.s. also looking for people who are interested in jamming, too. have played drums for many years. sorry-- food for another message board.
I usually ride Sunday AM - not sure about this Sunday but I might be up for a quick jaunt to Perkins or Greenwood lake -

BTW - I live in Montvale, I see you are in Demarest - right down the road....

Also check out www.steelthunder.org - cruisers and some sport bikes - but old guys like us with kids and little time.

Mark

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm up for a jaunt early sunday weather permitting. I knwo a guy who lives on chestnut ridge road in montvale who I used to work with. landmark house on the boarder with NYS.

I checked out the steelthunder.org That Andiamo ride they ran this summer went right by house. I would have felt out of place on my 695.

I'll keep in touch about Sunday. Anyone else interested?

steve

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey guys, I'm in nyc and still riding strong. I've been meeting a bunch of Duc riders around and desperately want to go riding. I'm in stuy town and there is a guy with a M800 who's real cool as well as a guy who has a 900SS a 748 and a new 999. I'm always down for a ride but usually work weekends so I end up having to be back by 330 most days. But I'm still on the bike 7 days a week and the other sunday bounced down to Philly and back by 330 with the guy with the 900SS. Always fun. I'm gonna be riding out to Cranbury NJ on Sat. weather says precip will be over by 9am and 65!!! 65 folks!!! it's gonna be sweet. Any body up for a ride Sat or Sun and be back in the city by 3 let me know or if you guys are riding I'll try to meet up. Ride safe!

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds cool--glad to see people coming out of the woodwork... and still riding. [thumbsup]

Problem is I got smacked by the dealer today :mad: and my bike is not ready yet. was supposed to be a one day gig but the techs have been calling in sick. I may not be able to pick it up until Saturday or Tuesday (they're closed on Monday). New termie system getting installed. will keep y'all posted.

So far this season I've not seen a day that was too cold for me. I've been wearing these booster pants http://store.dsrpowersports.com/boosterpants.html that slip right over anything you've got underneath, can pull the liners out, full length leg zipper, lots of pockets and some knee armour just in case. Don't own any leather pants-- just curious what you all wear when riding.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sunday AM good. Planning on the tail chop saturday. Going to have to work some magic on the home front to carve into both days however. Just lemme know where/when and how long you figure. Earlier the better.

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
I really shouldn't be riding as I'm due for my 7.5k service already but I can't help it.

Who, what, where, and when?

I'm good for Sunday am...

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
nice map.

maybe we start planning for the following sunday.

early ride, maybe up through CT's twisties then motor into javitz to check out the show?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts