Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, Coleman Powersports' fall foliage ride is this Sunday. Its a lazy paced group ride out to Front Royal, down through Luray and Sperryville, ending at Graves Mtn Lodge. Graves is hosting their annual apple festival so there's music and food etc. The scenery is nice, the pace lazy, the rides leaves from both stores at 9:30 with a meet up and donuts at 9:00. This link pretty much says what I've covered, http://www.wherethepoweris.com/event_detail.asp?event=38059. If you have any specific questions you can email me directly at [email protected].

Link to Graves Mountain events:
http://gravesmountain.com/appleharvest.htm

·
Registered
480 Posts
By Sunday I won't have ridden for 2 weeks. Ugh! Will be waking up in B'more on Sun after a majorly late nite, but gonna drop off the lady as early as possible and ride down. May be there by 1PM. The ride from the North is just too good to pass up. [Some of those who did the run to Luray and back over Massanutten Mtn. and the Fort Valley back in June will remember.]

So I hope to see some of you there and hoist at least one glass of cider before y'all head back East.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
uh-oh, a "bill"? Sucks that I missed the other CAMers, our one giant group was about 30 riders and it got split up at one point. I was following Jetpuff716 on the way there but unfortunately I couldn't make the entire trip. Hopefully there will be one more group ride before it gets tooo cold.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Glad you guys had fun. FC was short on ride capts and had to try a single big group, its tough. My and Ben's ride was cut short by a couple of riders that trid to take their bike off road, little to no human injuries the two bikes will become parts contributors. Otherwise, I think the ride went very well.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
desmo996 said:
Glad you guys had fun. FC was short on ride capts and had to try a single big group, its tough. My and Ben's ride was cut short by a couple of riders that trid to take their bike off road, little to no human injuries the two bikes will become parts contributors. Otherwise, I think the ride went very well.
So much for 'easy and relaxed' Didn't they get the message, or were other factors at work.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Rider 1 seemed to simply spook in the middle of an off camber left downhill and go into a driveway/ditch. Rider 2 said she was "watching him go off thinking, I'm going to have to stop and help" instead of rider her own bike. Had never heard the phrase target fixation. Oh well, we've had 3 in a row with no mishaps, bound to happen eventually.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts