Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have to be back in town by two... but i think a group ride is in order... no?

·
Registered
975 Posts
I will probably be up for this. Although, I proably shouldn't tell anyone that, and just watch for the posting of place and time so I can just sneak in, otherwise no one will show up! 8)

Can't make the AZSBK ride saturday 'cause my wife works all day :(

What are you thinking about Nosolace? A shortish but fun ride in north Phoenix would be an out-and-back to Bartlett lake, and then out-and-back on Camp Creek road. We could find a coffee place near the Scottsdale Airpark to meet at and maybe get some lunch in Cave Creek?

Attachments

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sure dietrich. i dont believe i have ever done that route before but im up for it. hopefully more will post by the weekend. unless hell freezes over i will be there... i am dying for a good ride. its been wayyyy too long.

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
rule62 said:
Isn't Sunday the 29th?
Yes Sunday is the 29th. Yes when you wake up(or before you go to bed) daylight savings will have already happened. Yes a ride would be good int he morning, but to be back before the football/Moto GP starts.

Nosolace, are you going on the big group ride Saturday? Who is going on that thing?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no.. im pretty sure i have to work around like one. its like i work to have this bike. but cant ride it because i have to work for it... shiittt

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
C Fresh said:
Yes Sunday is the 29th. Yes when you wake up(or before you go to bed) daylight savings will have already happened. Yes a ride would be good int he morning, but to be back before the football/Moto GP starts.

Nosolace, are you going on the big group ride Saturday? Who is going on that thing?
Aren't we in Arizona and don't we say "F-You" to Daylight Savings?

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Randimus Maximus said:
Aren't we in Arizona and don't we say "F-You" to Daylight Savings?
Yes, but the rest of the world says F-U to Arizona, so the Moto GP and football games I have to worry about time.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:mad: THREAD JACK!! who will be riding? where? what time. i know nothing about the route your talking about deitrich. so if you wanna take over the planning portion. be my guest.

where should we meet and when. we can be back in town by one to catch the race.

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Not a thread jack, just us being stupid and getting off topic.

Lets meet at the Coffee Bean again, on Scottsdale Road just south of Frank Lloyd Wright. In between Paradise and Frank Lloyd. Say 8:30? Let me know, as I have never taken that ride and do not know how long it is.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I would suggest meeting about an hour earlier so we can have coffee and be onthe road by 8:30. Or make 8:30 the departure time. The actual ride time will be less than two hours. I will post more details/maps later tonight- not absolutely sure if I can make it, but will at least try to make the ride and might have to skip watching the race.

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Dietrich said:
I would suggest meeting about an hour earlier so we can have coffee and be onthe road by 8:30. Or make 8:30 the departure time. The actual ride time will be less than two hours. I will post more details/maps later tonight- not absolutely sure if I can make it, but will at least try to make the ride and might have to skip watching the race.
Yeah, whenever you guys want to meet. I would rather go straight from riding to watching the race and grabbing some lunch. If it is 2.5 hours and we leave at 8:30, then 11:00 we are done, which is a bit early. Just let me know where to be when. Dietrich you should at least try to make it in the morning.

·
Registered
975 Posts
How about this? (see photo) Meet at 8:00? The ride is probably a little short, but fun. So, who's in? Someone else will have to post the final Moto GP details since I will have to head home after the ride.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
183 Posts
I know that road well. ;D

I used to live just a block before the turnoff to Bartlett and I grew up riding dirt bikes and my dad always parked the truck under the HV lines just at the begining of that road. Of course back then it was dirt all the way to the lake. In fact he was in a fatal dirt bike accident south of Bartlett rd. about a 1/2 mile out. (10+yrs ago) I even spread his ashes from a plane I flew over the area right after getting my pilots license.

And Holls and I are pretty sure our first born was concieved out in the desert there one stormy summer night 16yrs ago. >:D

So anyway I was saying, I'm familiar with the road, and although it is very short it's great fun.

We'll see ya for coffee!

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
I need some specifics on when and where we're meeting. I've never been to the bean.

Como frijoles? --- How have you bean? [laugh]

1 - 20 of 40 Posts