Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to get some parts for my oil change. So far only Ron said he needed stuff.

So would like to get this stuff ordered and picked up sometime in the near future, Ron is outta town so he wont need his oil anyway for a few weeks. But let me know.

I guess going to SBK for oil/filters cuz they gotz the agip which we're gonna try.

ruben what kinda discount can we expect from the sbk guys in lemont?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I don't know man. I didn't even mention it. However, I will Wednesday or Thursday. I actually contacted an exotic car dealer in Ohio that sells Agip and am negotiating a price both per quart and case. You guys will know what I know when I know, you know?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey guys if you're interested...

Talking with a guy in Ohio regarding Agip oil, he has it for:

$6.99 per litre.
Per case: (There are 24 litres in a case): $167.76
Shipping: $23.70
What do you guys think?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Correct. $13.68 or something like that. What do you think Mark? Once I know the number of people interested I can do the math. Even if we split the shipping we'd still be making out.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
im in Ruben just let me know how much ok.

by the way how did you get that pic on the side of your posts?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Are we doing the oil change this weekend Val? I already have my stuff for my winterizing. Next year though I do plan to go with the AGIP. A friend of mine that's really into cars said the AGIP oil is the best you can get.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
saturday 1030 oil change is fine

heres parts that ppl requested ruben:
ron:
4qts full synthetic agip
10 drainplug crush washers
1 oil filter

me:
6qts full synthetic agip
2 oil filters
2 drainplug crush washers

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I only have one crush washer, do I need two for the oil change? If so get me one and I'll hit pay you on Saturday. I have 3 quarts of Spectro 15w50 full synth for Saturday. I'll be there at 1030. What is the address # again?
Ruben, we riding there together?

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well technically u need 2 crushwashers which are different sizes. 1 drain plug, 1 oil filter screen.

not really necessary to even clean out the oil filter screen, so u can get by w/ just the drainplug washer. i didnt do my filter screen last oil change.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's the deal...

Just got off the phone with Ken.
He's willing to give us a discount off of oil changes for the MOCHA crew. He normally charges $85, and would charge us $70.
Also, the oil went up of course to $14/quart, and will sell us a case of 20 for $12.50/quart, totaling $250.
From Ohio I can get 25 quarts for $191.46 including shipping.
For 3 people that's 63.82 a piece, 4 people 47.86, 5 people 38.20, and 2 people 95.73.
Ken also said there are 2 washers that need to be replaced and 1 drain plug. K&N filters need a 17mm wrench, and Ducati filters need a special wrench.
Holla back yung'ns.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hmm... tough call on where to get the stuff from. cuz i dont want the local dealers to think that we're not loyal and just going wherever. cuz i think we should stick to 1 place and get everything from there??? dont u think? that way when they see we are purchasing a lot, they might give us a better discounts later down the line....

correct 2 washers are needed.
is ken giving us ducati oil filters or k&n filters? i havent done a search yet on replies on the board as to which is better... anyone bored want to do the legwork? i gotz an oil filter wrench taht works w/ the ducati filters so dont really need their "special" oil filter wrench.

as for tools, i got 17mm sockets as well as a bunch of other tools that we can use...

so we just need to decide where to get the stuff from? :)

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The purpose of group buying is to save dollars. Ken has a higher price. Depending on how many people are interested in buying before Friday determines who gets our money. Is anyone interested in chipping in for a bid purchase? If not, I'd buy from Ken for Saturdays' oil change.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
I already have oil filter and a washer for my next change, but Iwas not sure if Ishould change the oil before I put my bike away or hold off till the spring. I already have 1300 on this oil so I will seriously consider changing it soon then I will need the stuff for the spring chandge.

Ruben I think we should buy in bulk it would only make sense and not all of us are going to be around Saturday like me so you have my opinion and my cell. let me know what happens after friday night 6 pm I will be gone till sunday night. keep me updated boys.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
what u mean by bid purchase? like ebay?? ???

im willing to front the cash to pay for oil/filters and what not. that way everyone can just pay me back and it will make the transaction easier. maybe our best bet is to stock pile a ton of oil/filters, and u guys can just pickup/buy from me whenever u need? unless someone has a garage that they dont mind storing it in. :)

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I did some research. The ducati filters are listed as great filters. So lets just stick with OEM. I say we purchase the oil from Ohio, way cheaper. No reason to spend 250 when we can save 50 bucks. We should definitely choose one dealer though to have all of our work done. I definitely like the service and answers Ken offered us. I also liked that he was willing to help with out us spending money at his shop. Good service goes a long way in my book.

How many people are interested at this point in getting a case?

I only have the washer for the oil filter. Val or Ruben can you pick one up for the oil screen. I want to clean the screen as I'm not sure when it was done last.

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
i agree with jason that we should all have a central place to get our service done. as for ordering parts, i don't mind paying the extra couple dollars for the convenience of buying locally, that way we don't have to worry about shipping problems.

but if there's only 2 people going in on a case, i'd rather buy cheap!

i just wish ken's shop was like, 50 miles closer to my garage...

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Ken was probably the coolest mechanic I've talked to thus far. Very friendly, seemed full of knowledge, and I liked that he put Ruben's plugs in for him. Most shops would have charged an extra 30 bucks for that. Does oil go bad? If not I'll get in on that case too.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How many people want to buy oil from Ohio?
I agree Jason with Ken servicing our bikes but are you talking for oil changes (Where we buy parts and he installs)? Or were you talking about service in general?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts