Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't judge. I'm starting in General because I know nothing. And yet, I am attempting to assemble an '07 S2R 1000 piece by piece.
I have questions.
Lots of questions.
I don't need them all answered at once.
What sub-forum should I be in?

Thank you....

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'd just start a build log and keep everything in one place that way your not jumping back & forth between threads. Also, welcome to the board. Nice bike to start with.

·
Registered
879 Posts
The sub forum will be the one titled ” Doing Things The Most Expensive Way” 😁
( Unless you‘ve built bikes from scratch before) I have , and all the little details will kill you on time and money if you don’t start with a good “ core “ of parts.
Go through a parts manual and count how many times you say “ Ka- Ching” after a part you‘ll have to buy to do your build. If you start with a complete bike, or even a wreck, you’ll have a lot of the little stuff, and parts you’ve taken off to sell and capitalize the project.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The sub forum will be the one titled ” Doing Things The Most Expensive Way” 😁
( Unless you‘ve built bikes from scratch before) I have , and all the little details will kill you on time and money if you don’t start with a good “ core “ of parts.
Go through a parts manual and count how many times you say “ Ka- Ching” after a part you‘ll have to buy to do your build. If you start with a complete bike, or even a wreck, you’ll have a lot of the little stuff, and parts you’ve taken off to sell and capitalize the project.
You are right. But I've chosen the Path. Iv'e given myself a year to do this and maybe i'll find a donor bike but if not, so be it. Do you have some references or resources you could point me to? That would be very helpful.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I found so many reasonable parts online. A lot of good used parts on eBay and Amazon... And aftermarket parts as well...

·
Registered
879 Posts
There are bike breakers on ebay that tear up perfectly fine Ducatis for parts. That’s where I go, plus the Parts section of the various Ducati forums, such as this one and Ducati MS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts