Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've moved here a while back with my 2005 Monster 1000, and the wife. I mainly do country miles now but have a 14 tooth front sprocket from new when I bought it in Tennyson, when living in Brisvegas.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Anyone had experience with the 15 on front. I do a bit over 4000 rpm at 110kph, just think it would be easier on the engine. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2020 Monster 797+
11 Posts
I was going to go one tooth bigger on the front of my 797 but there isn't enough clearance between the sprocket and the engine case so you may want to check that on yours. Next time I change my chain I'm going to go down 2 or 3 teeth on the back to bring down my RPM's on the highway. 1 tooth on the front is roughly equal to 3 teeth on the back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was going to go one tooth bigger on the front of my 797 but there isn't enough clearance between the sprocket and the engine case so you may want to check that on yours. Next time I change my chain I'm going to go down 2 or 3 teeth on the back to bring down my RPM's on the highway. 1 tooth on the front is roughly equal to 3 teeth on the back.
Thanks. I think mine was stock with the 15, so shouldn't be a problem. Appreciate your assistance, plenty to think about.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hiya party people
I’m super new but long time stalker, as some may put it.
I’ve always wanted a Ducati way back when they brought the Sport classic 1000.
now I’ve moved on from that dream to either S4rs monster or a baby Panigale.
I ended up with a 1978 r100s (bmw)
Hope to learn more around here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts