Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

I stumbled into the Ducati dealership, a few weeks ago and caught the Ducati bug! I am the previous owner of a Harley Sportster, followed by a Yamaha V-Max. It has been a few years since I have been on the road, but I am now looking into picking up a Monster 1100, 1100 S, or S2R 1000, maybe a used or NOS model, but not adverse to buying new if it makes more sense. Regardless, I thought this forum would be a great place to connect with other NYC ducati riders and get some good information on these incredible motorcycles!

Best,

Steven aka Plexed

·
Registered
156 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I am not in the NYC area but am the very proud owner of a M1100S with carbon Termi slip ons.

Obviously, you can't go wrong with any Ducati but the new Monsters are special bikes in my opinion. For the type of riding I do which is mainly just for fun, no real long distance stuff and the occasional every day commute, I feel this is the most competent new motorcycle made. Gobs and gobs of usable torque, semi aggressive riding position, great brakes, Ohlins suspension if you opt for the "S" model and just the cool factor associated with a Ducati. And if you opt for the Termi exhaust.....the sound.....oh the sound the these monsters can make when unleashed by the Termi's. Sex on wheels!

·
Registered
201 Posts
hey.. another newbie here as well. Ive been lusting after the new monster since I saw it in the motorcycle show this year. Im in nyc, I should be picking up my new 1100 this week. stay in touch. Hey are there any NY ducati rides?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replys! I have a couple of Monsters I am looking at right now. Being in NYC is bit tricky, I am trying to find openings in local motorcycle garages etc. Still not sure if I am going to buy new or used. I definitely would like to ride with other Ducati owners to go up to Bear Mtn or wherever. (That is when I finally pick one up!) Congrats on your Monster Polivo!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts