Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello members, got my monster a few months ago; 05 M1000 S DS model with 6K kms in great shape; shipped it home and started working on it. No.7 in my small collection and took my first ride yesterday.

Wheel Fuel tank Tire Automotive fuel system Vehicle

So far I managed ; oil+air+hydraulics+plugs, belts,new tyres, changed the exhaust, replaced the monoshock and fork springs (Hyperpro), and other stuff. My air box was modified the mainstream way i.e. top part cut in half with no restriction. I am not a fan of the idea so found the stock part for little money and should have it in hand next month. Will check my valves this week and hope to improve the running of the bike as didn't really like how it ran. It is definitely lean but didn't note any flat spots or hesitation so I am partially blaming the airbox. The ECU is running the stock map which I downloaded with TuneECU. I tried the DP map but on closed throttle the bike was dying out and had to restart with the choke open and releasing the clutch. The throttle bodies are synched so will try again with the DP map and the air screws further out. It did fart through the airbox on one occasion and die on me on low revs; still need to get used to it.

The handling is spot on; the Mitas tyres and the Hyperpro setup are a perfect match.

Hope you guys can help me out with a few issues, and hope to be of assistance to the whole community.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats, sweet ride. Welcome to the Asylum!

The stock map is a bit lean, and I suspect that with the modded air box, you are running leaner still. Are you referring to the DP map that was provided with the Termi's?
[/Q
Thanks.
I make use of an app called TuneECU and the site has a repository of maps for supported motorbikes. There are 2 maps for the M1000; one is stock and confirmed so with mine which I downloaded with the same app, and the other is detailed as DP map. I compared them both and the DP map is slightly richer across the whole chart, timing is different too.

I will return to stock airbox as cant stand the excessive induction noise. I also beleive it will improve low end response.

I can share screenshots of the maps if desired.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts