Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have Monster 1200S 2015, it's got about 6900ks on it.
I keep seeing a big green oil sign with -7500km on it when I turn my bike on, it's a countdown so it gets less and less. I change oil and oil filter yearly as recommended and the next service is coming up so I'll do that as normal.

About the green oil sign though I looked at the manual and it says that this symbology comes up first and then yellow symbology as you get closer on the km countdown and then an alert that says do whatever now!.
My question is what is it counting down to? It's obviously not a yearly minor service, in fact I only remember this oil alert coming up as I approached the first thousand kilometers on the bike, so I looked through the manual and i found where it says this light will come on as you approach the first thousand kilometers, however couldn't find anywhere where it says what it's now counting down too now, Anyone know? Is it some service that is considered major? It's not the desmo one cause it has it's own symbology so just wondering what....Rang couple Ducati dealerships here and nobody seemed to be able to give me a clear cut answer. Also is it counting down kilometers only, or time as well?
thanks all,
Des.

·
Registered
875 Posts
It's for the Desmo service (valves/belts etc)

Your bike may only have 6900Kms but...it will be a 5 year old model by the end of the year - Desmo service is either every 30000Kms OR 5 years (talking specifically about valve adjustment and belt replacement) and yes, that's also in the manual ;)

·
Registered
156 Posts
It's for the Desmo service (valves/belts etc)

Your bike may only have 6900Kms but...it will be a 5 year old model by the end of the year - Desmo service is either every 30000Kms OR 5 years (talking specifically about valve adjustment and belt replacement) and yes, that's also in the manual ;)
I'm thinking belt replacement is every 5 years, but valve adjust every 18,000 miles.
I had the belts done on mine and they said nada about adjusting valves. This was at about 10,000 miles and 5 years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts