Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode a old Suzuki GS1100g outfit to Gascoyne junction for the off centre rally recently (Nth W.A). Blew it up just this side of Kalgoorlie on the way home. Before I left I bought R.A.C.V roadside care $90 with a 3 mth touring option $40. Rang them up they put me in a motel that night, took my outfit to a bike shop who couldn't fix it within 48hrs so they road frieghted it home to Victoria (to my door) flew me to Perth then home to Melbourne where they gave me a hire car for 3 days to get my crap together. That's about $3000 value for $130 I still have 11 months roadside and 2 mths touring left. I've put a new donk in the old girl and will take it up the high country for melb cup weekend. They'll pick it up anywhere on any road except forestry roads and beaches. WHO"S A HAPPY BOY THEN :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Ive got the same sort of cover with racq, qld equivelant. covers both my cars and my bike and any vehicle i am ever driving for about 130 a year, missus is covered in her car only too.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Always read the small print down the bottom.
I had NRMA Plus, hit a pot hole outside of Willow Tree.
The rim cracked, about a 20cm crack.
Called NRMA. They told me, " we don't cover you if it's wheel damage".
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
I had to pay for the 748 to be towed to tamworth.
They did offer to pay my bus ticket back to sydney.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.