Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread will be updated as the day gets closer so keep and eye out here....

OK folks...the route is pretty much set in stone. But the best part is, the route will allow folks to go on side routes if they choose.
The schedule is as follows:
Friday Oct. 12th
Head out for Bellevue by any means or route necessary. Meet up at the little mom and pop owned Motel on the north end of town. Rooms are $45 a night and OK. Group heads into town around 7:30 or 8ish for dinner and drinks(not heavy drinking fools!!!) at Potters Mill.
Saturday Oct. 13th
On the road by around 8ish at the latest.
Backtrack down river to Sabula/Savanna and cross the river into Illinois. Plan is to ride up through the Galena area, East Dubuque, Prairie Du Chien, up past La Crosse and cross the river at Winona, Minnesota or a point further north depending on the time of day. Head on back down to La Crosse for the night. Not sure on a hotel here yet but looks like something cheap and clean with dinner at someplace in the area.
Sunday Oct. 14th
On the road and heading south on the Iowa side of the river through Aldin, Lansing, Guttenberg, Dubuque and back to Bellevue. At this point folks can head on south along the river or turn inland towards Maquoketa. Loop up the road that goes past the caves park and then back down into Anamosa. From Anamosa into CR for a late lunch/early dinner and then from CR on home...wherever that may be.

Like I said, there is a route planned out but there is also alot of scenic county highways up in that area that loop off of the Great River Road and then back at a later point.
If anyone has any ideas for a change of plans, let me know. We have though about extending the ride so that Saturday night is spent in St. Paul...but that part is tentative at this point.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sounds pretty cool ZLTFUL,

I think I am gonna try and clear my whole weekend for this.

BTW I have a brother in Dubuque and we were talking like he might join up when we head through there. He asked me what type of biker group is going to be doing this run and I had no idea truthfully. He is running right now on his first ever custom cruiser, chopped the frame, did a lot of misc. work. But, what he was wondering basically if he was going to stick out like a sore thumb on this run I am assuming. Also, I was wondering what age demographic was this usually?, my brother and I are 25 and 23 so pretty young. But ya sorry about the interogation ;) Just wanted to get some information for him.

-Dan

·
Banned
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Info is power bro.

Mixed group of riders from hardcore sportbikes(Gixxer or two) to a couple of Harley guys.

Right now we are trying to get an idea on how many folks will be going. The plan is to fill up the mom and pop hotel in Bellevue and maybe overflow a bit over into like the Super8 over in Maquoketa....

The rest of the ride is pretty much your own pace type stuff but we moved the Saturday stop up to Red Wing/Lake Pepin Minnesota...

·
Registered
43 Posts
sweet ZLTFUL!
My brother and I would likely crash at his place the night before and wake early and run south to the whole gang before you depart. I don't know if we will do the whole run either but still I'ld like to burn as much of my weekend on our bikes as we can! ;D

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Wish I could join you guys for this. I'll be riding through the Ozarks in Missouri (see the last Motorcyclist Magazine) with a few friends from college. Hope you all have a safe ride and the weather holds out. Get some good pics and maybe we can share them sometime.

Speaking of October and rides, there are a few of us in CR/IC area planning on going to the Slimey Crud again this Fall. Anyone else from Central/Western Iowa interested in meeting up?

Cheers,
alan

·
Banned
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welp, everything is set in stone for this. I got friday off from work and have made sure that the resturant can handle a rowdy group of folks on friday night.

Shoot me a PM if you are seriously interested in going.

Ryan

·
Banned
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No need to be apprehensive. I won't be going balls out. I am too into the great roads and scenery up that way. But there are some seriously fun sections...the state highway out of Galena comes to mind....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts