Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for joining us on the hill today Tom. It was a great ride! Bill went west at AFH to Ventura, I went east and back up to Newcombs! On the way down the front, guess who was still hanging around the Crest? Yep, it was Officer Murphy himself. :mad: Luckily the motorcylce gods were smiling on me and a car had slowed me down.....phew! This was at 3:30 PM and the cops are usually off the hill by then, guess not anymore!

All in all great day, wonderful ride, and great company.

OH! Thanks for all the clever one liners....they work well ;)

Ciao.

Linda

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
As soon as the east side thaws and opens, I'll be up and drag up these guys. I nave not done Upper or Lower Tujunga or any others there, what's the best ones?

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As soon as the east side thaws and opens, I'll be up and drag up these guys. I nave not done Upper or Lower Tujunga or any others there, what's the best ones?
Woooo Hooooo!! Upper T (9 Mile) is fast, triple digits at times, Lower T is 2nd gear tight! All depends on your preference. I don't do Little T anymore, bad karma road for me, everytime I run it a cage or drunk on a Harley tries to kiss me! Not me, but a bunch of the guys on the board love that road! The "official" opening of the road thru to Wrightwood is Memorial Day Weekend, keep your fingers crossed that it is earlier! Caltrans closed their yard on the Wrightwood side, and the yard on the South side is bidding for the work, which would be very cool. I put in almost 200 miles today on just the Crest!! Great riding to be had! Saturday's are the better days to ride, not as many skippy's. When you all want to come up from SD we could ride the Crest and then have a BBQ at my house. Ahhh yes, it's all about the ride......;D ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
I nave not done Upper or Lower Tujunga or any others there, what's the best ones?
And then there is also Angeles Forest Highway :) :) :)

http://www.mulhollandraceway.org/roads/forest.html

Read the not-too-flattering text from this great sports-cage site:

""ON ANY SUNDAY" ADVISORY: Anticipate Los Angeles variety Valentino Rossi wanabes, lining up their turns, all wrong. These guys tend to ride together, in trios, and foresomes. Going for it, nearly horizontal, their sport bikes may be on the correct side of the road, but their heads commonly inch right up to the double yellow. Ex post apex, seeing a car guy going for it, coming the other way? Scares the crap out of them. Me, too. Only time we go balls out on Angeles Forest in our two-seaters is during the wee hour, when there are no bikes. Nice thing about the sport bike contingent? Like Ponch & John, they're never out in the canyons, at night."

Further reading:
http://www.mulhollandraceway.org/roads/crest.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts