Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,

I did it near enough to 2,000klms in 6 days fantastic time ;D.
Spotted a few Monsters one red one coming down Mt Hotham towards Bright when I was going up to Mt Hotham, anyone from here? they were with a red 996??? i think?

GOR on the worst day ever rain, sleet, freeeeeezing cold, but it was fun [thumbsup]

Grampians was a beautiful ride too, and Mt Hotham well by the end of the day after leaving Mansfield in 36 degree temp. I was soooo over corners, I had enough of [email protected]#*%@g corners (flipping) of course [laugh]

For someone who has not had much experience riding and driving through Melbourne in peak hour was enough for me. I have come back from the trip with more confidence than I would of imagined, and have decided I like the Monster even more [thumbsup] now. Won't bore you anymore just thought I would let you know I did it and thank you to those who suggested towns and places to stay Port Fairy was a nice place to stay the first night and so on from there.

Any questions feel free to ask away.

Cheers Egas. ;)

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
That ride sounds like somthing I would love to do some day. [thumbsup]

Good work girl, keep it up! [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

Rob

N

·
0 Posts
egas, that trip sounds awesome. [clap] ... If you have pics that would be awesome, but if not, tell us more, you're not boring us!

I'm starting to get a little bit of the touring bug..... thinking about easter next year and taking the monster up the coast to the blues fest @ byron bay, and then exploring the gold coast hinterland and everything else that is twisty back down to Syd...

Anyone wanna come? You will need to come to the festival as well.... damn hard life - 5 days of awesome music!

·
Registered
491 Posts
did anyone say givi luggage rack?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mostro900 said:
Mostro900

Pictures coming, did not take that many thou ??? will put them up on the weekend.

Cheers Egas

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kickstart said:
did anyone say givi luggage rack?
Kickstart

Not sure if that question was for me or an inside joke with Goldfish but anyway, I have a little Ventura bag that is meant to go on the back seat of the bike but we have adapted it so it sits on my rack. We pot riveted plastic clips to the bottom side of the rack on each side and one big clip on the rear of the rack. It is a great little set up the bag expands to fit a helmet, so I took that full of stuff, but the "mother ship" or "starship enterprise" I call it (my husbands K1200RS) was the pack horse on this trip, panniers and GIVI topbox.

Cheers Egas

N

·
0 Posts
egas said:
Not sure if that question was for me or an inside joke with Goldfish....
egas, don't worry, it is an inside joke. kickstart used to be sponsored by givi, it seems [laugh]

·
Registered
972 Posts
Beautiful country isnt it, did that trip many, many years ago (just after the wheel was invented I think) didnt do Tassie though, must get there one day, yes do post some photos egas, we do like to see where we have been.

Mmick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts