Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered an Alpinestars GPU suit with back protector, Alpinestars Effex Boots, Alpinestars SP-1 gloves, Shoei RF-1000 helmet from HelmetHarbor.com. They worked with me on sizing for the helmet and the suit. It was an overall pleasant experience and I would recommend them to anyone. They also threw in a DVD they made about racing.

Don't worry...I don't work for them.

Tom E.

·
Registered
287 Posts
For anybody reading this in the Phoenix AZ area, just know that they are local in Mesa, and you can stop in and deal with them in person... and Pipe City is right next door, if you want new slip-ons with your safety gear!!! I don't work for them either...

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I send people to Helmet Harbor as often as I can. When I bought my helmet from them last spring, I must have spend 30 minutes on the phone with the owner. He was super helpful, and the price was incredibly low AND they don't charge shipping/handling.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Wife got her order today. 5 days. That's smoking. I'm averaging 2 weeks with all other online retailers (except New Enough leather). Helmet still not arrived from Tonker. Ordered it the same day as helmetharbor.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I will add that I had a excellent experience with Cyclestuff USA... They were not the lowest price on my jacket ($19 more) but they offered free shipping and NO RESTOCKING fee if I decided to return it for credit. It seems that everone wants to wack you 15-20% for restocking even if you return it the next day. I couldn't find a local dealer that sold Teknic so I had no choice but to try mail order, but $70 restocking fee was hard to swallow just to try a jacket on for size.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts