Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me, norm, and his baby 1 yr old son (who has an aprillia, and can somehow do a trackday), (because Norm isn't old enough to have a OLD son ;) ;)) met up and rode around Western North Carolina today. It was gorgeous weather and a nice social, oh and riding was good too. His bike is awesome!!! (August Monster Featured bike of the month). It was cool to see all of his engineering. Thanks for joining me in one of the last rides I'll have this year Norm! Is this a sign of a WNC Club? We shall see. Here are some pics I snapped while we stopped at a biker bar in Lake Lure LOL. I just got my bike put back together and running with no missing parts for the first time since the beginning of September. I was a bit rusty but it was nice to get out again.
-Patrick

·
Registered
210 Posts
Must be nice, we had rain and freezing rain here in Maine. Supposed to get snow tommorrow night and then turn very cold , 0 to -10 by wes night. :'( :mad:
I did get to hear my Monster run on the dyno 8) last week though. Only 3 or 4 months until spring, can't really go riding until the end of april or first part of may due to all of the sand on the roads and some pretty nasty frost heaves.
BTW Patrick have you got dyno results yet from your flatslides ?

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I haven't, I really hope too though, its just a matter of time. I still have to pack up all my stuff for the army, spend sun and mon with the woman, by wednesday. I was thinking Tuesday evening I'll take it in. It runs GREAT! My buddy rides a 900 SS and says its probably right with him, we went on a ride after me and norms ride today, but we never did a run. I'm hoping for over 70hp. I was at 63 with leo slip ons, and a stage II, but the new sils are alot free'er (sp?) flowing, and the new flatslides too.

God that sucks so much. That is freaking cold. I went to Maine awhile back in the summer. I enjoyed it, but I think i'll keep my butt planted right here in the good ol' South.

What did you get on your dyno run?

-Patrick

·
Registered
210 Posts
63 hp and 48 ftlbs torque with leos,jet kit,k&n air filter and open air box. They are really just numbers,the curve from the dyno runs looks good with no real dips in it. I had 58hp and 46 ftlbs before I put on the leos.
At least there is alot of overtime at work so I'll stay busy and daydream about that CFROS (ceremonial first ride of spring ). It is almost a religious experience ! ;D

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heck yeah. Going out riding in 70 degree weather is the cure for the common anything. Were you able to go out and ride any lately Howie?

Thats cool we got the same dyno #'s. I never dyno'd mine before my first mods. I'm sure the #'s were the same as yours on your 750.

-Patrick

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
i usually use my bike instead of my car for every day chores. rode to the bike show at the Javits Center (NYC) yesterday and back into the city this morning. not quite the fun ride you had (gotta git down there), but the car or mass transit puts a :mad: on my face. the bike puts a ;D on my face.

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So true. While doing test rides for plug chops when I was trying to do the whole flat slide thing, I found myself in such a better mood just because I was riding again. Even though things weren't working out for weeks, at least I was back with my beloved Ducati.

-Patrick

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pictures Patrick, Norm I have said it before and will say it again, my hat goes off to you ;) Glad you guys had fun, wish I had some monsters to ride with!

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
That looks like Margaritagrill. It's one of our favorite rides. The challenge is avoiding the giant oilspots left by the manager's (Toolpouch) Troublehead.

If you are going there again (preferably when it's warm considering my 3 hour ride home) let us know. You need more red ducs out front.

For our New Years ride we went south to Augusta GA, ate in Aiken SC and stopped for a beer in Columbia.

Doc

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yup Thats where we were. Keep in touch with the guys around here, unfortunately I won't be able to make it. Looks like that was my last ride around here because today is raining and I leave Wednesday night.

-Patrick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts