Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a blast at the second annual Ducati.net party today.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Good to hear you had a great time!!

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
What, no mention of one of our own making it to the FINALS in the Ducati Idol competition!!!! C'mon, I even let you hold my helmet with the Paul Smart autograph while I revved it up. I'm not supposed to have to toot my own horn, that's what you were there for.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I know, I know - but I didn't want to write a book in this thread :D My apologies for listing Byron Kauffman as "Brian". Also saw him on that awesome Monster leaving the track today after the races. I also forgot to mention meeting Norm at the Party.

Great Ducatis. Great people. Too much fun to express in mere words.

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Ok, your forgiven. Byrons bike was beautiful, and in my opinion should have won the Ducati Idol competition instead of that unmuffled 900ss bevel. All he was doing was fogging for mosquitos and scaring off larger animals. I had the misfortune of being directly behind him during his preliminary and I could barely breathe there was so much smoke.
But yes, a GREAT time was had, and it was great to put a few names with faces.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pics to come - I tried to upload some just now and couldn't get them to go through. Error message said the server couldn't be found. I'll try again later and post them.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Here are a few snaps I took while there!

;D

The overview of the ducati event at the speedpark

I guess these were the "event" girls or they were just happy to pose for pictures?

I have a few more I may try and load up

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, got some pics uploaded - finally :D

Reckless_Kelly getting ready for the first round of the contest for the best sounding Ducati.

Byron Kauffman's beautiful Monster with the wire spoke wheels. Below is a closeup of the black wrinkle finish on the engine side covers.

Some vintage Ducs in the show.

Paul Smart talking with Robb Kunkle, who is one of Reckless_ Kelly's friends, one of my Code school and track day acquaintances, and contributing writer for Motorcyclejournal.net

Zina Kelly autographing my shirt alongside Paul Smart's and E Boz's signatures.

It was quite a day 8)

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Awwww Mannnn!

Now I gotta mail my BCM tye-dye to Zina to keep up :p

·
Registered
377 Posts
There were a ton of cool bikes there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts