Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend in North Hampton NH.. Great Bay Motorcycles (Triumph/Ducati) demo days.

http://www.greatbaymotorcycles.com/

I'm unfortunately not available, but I encourage some of you to get out there; better yet, organize a ride out there.

It's not quite like Seacoast's Demo Day, where they bring out a whole fleet of demo 'Prillers. GB just trots out all their own stock of demos, so there's only one of each model (and not even one of some). But last year, they did have a 999, a Monster (620 I think), a Speed Tripple, Daytona 955i, couple of criusers. Others I'm sure, but I don't recall.

Now you can go out there any day and they'll take you out on a bike (I went back later in the summer for the 999), but it's fun to hang out with a bunch of bikes and go on group demo rides.

Check it out!

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Don, do they lead you out to a road where you can open it up a little? It would suck to jump on a 999 and then putt down Rte 1 behind Granny in her Lincoln.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They lead on a mixed loop that includes some empty back roads. My 999 ride was more tame than I would have liked... and I wasn't expecting track time. I'm sure it depends on the leader you get.

The demo day ride I had last year I was on the Daytona and the leader went back to find someone we lost. He left the ride leading to a couple of his buddies who were just hanging out riding different bikes all day-- they knew the route.

They also didn't give a sh!t about Great Bay's liability ;D

I'm not going to tell you what I topped out at (actually, I can't; I wasn't looking during the fastest part), but I will say that I caught some air over a small rise and chirped the back tire coming back down.

But even before the leader went back, we

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Forecast for the weekend is looking REALLY good from here.

You guys better take advantage of it....

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
Are you serious? I could have sworn I saw rain predicted all the way through the week in to next week. Hmm.
Even if it's beautiful, I don't see a ride to NH happening. I'll probably round up our new found W/Ma hooligans for a ride though 8)

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm VERY disappointed that there's been no chatter on this board about riding this week :(

The weather's gonna be friggin' awesome; the real first weekend of the season. And you guys aren't itching to hook up for a ride?

This does not bode well for the vitality of this group.....

G

·
I'm VERY disappointed that there's been no chatter on this board about riding this week :(

This does not bode well for the vitality of this group.....
Hi Don, I have been working on a friend's race bike that last few weekends and also my own. I will be out ridding around with a friend who bought a sv650 over the winter. This is her first ride and we are going to head to Vanson to pick up her jacket. If I can make up to open house it might be on Sunday. NO worries I will represent the duc. t

Anil do you have your bike?

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Don - I will stop by GB after work tomorrow. Best guess is noon or 1:00 pm. I'll be the 900 Dark with the Darth Vader lookalike outfit. Virginia plates. Maybe I can jump on the 999, a Daytona, or one of their "old-school" cruisers... I wish they had a Thruxton - that thing is cool! See you there?

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was out of town. Just got back.

How was the demo day?

I was sick missing out on that great weatherr :'(

·
Registered
366 Posts
Actually it was pretty cold and windy on the coast. Both Sat and Sun seemed pretty quiet at the demo days.

I was out of town. Just got back.

How was the demo day?

I was sick missing out on that great weatherr :'(

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
The list was pretty long for the 999. The only bikes available were a Triumph cruiser (not too interested) and two Monsters... a 620 and an 800. Seeing as how I ride a 900, I thought not. Great weather, though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts