Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting to look at some mods to do this winter. Has anyone chopped the grab rails off the back. Is there any structure issues? Is there a hole there? Just thinking about it. Thinkinking it would even give a moe sleek look to the already chopped tail.
Buz.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I really need to proof read before I post.

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Norm has done a super tail chop. Check out his pictures in the gallery. He was August Monster of the Month.

-Patrick

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Norm's is a little more extreme than I'm talking about. I guess if that could be done, shaving the side grab rails should not be much problemo.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's what I'm looking at doing. Looks pretty basic with some painting after.
Thanks.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Make sure if you do it, don't use the "nice" furniture like the cool coffee table. ;)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good call, I guess my wife would get a little pissed. Better haul that table out of the basement back to the den.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
... the Monstrack backrest uses the grabrails as hardpoints - if you don't plan on attaching one to your monster then saw away.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
I really need to proof read before I post.
Well, I think 'moe sleek' sounds pretty hip. :)

FYI, you can use the 'modify' button/icon on your own posts.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Be aware that if you use a rear cowl on you Monster, it might not look right with the grab rails removed. If you prefer just the seat, it should look okay.

·
Premium Member
743 Posts

If the images don't show click to open in a new window. (YaBB nests image tags inside font tags--this will fail on some browsers)

It's not too bad with a seat cowl and no grab rails. Interestingly, there's some kind of thingy hanging under the left side of the cowl, in the available space. It's not a shock reservoir (he mounts it on the right side of the engine), but I wonder if a reservoir might fit in there nicely.

·
Registered
76 Posts
... the Monstrack backrest uses the grabrails as hardpoints - if you don't plan on attaching one to your monster then saw away.
Doesn't the Givi top-case brackets use those rails as a support, as well? It's hard to tell in the pictures, but it looked like something loops around it..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts