Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Looks just like the GP6 with a little different paint job.

Swanny

·
Registered
541 Posts
That is one sweet paint job.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Official statement regarding the paint job:

"The Desmosedici GP7 is characterized by having a new and exclusive colour scheme called “Red Chrome Racing”, produced with a special paint that is destined to highlight the lines and the design of the new machine as well as guaranteeing an extremely technological and innovative chrome effect."

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
assuming he can stay on the track i'm really interested to see what Stoner can do on that thing.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
petzi said:

“Red Chrome Racing”
CHROME??? Oh lord, shades of Harley Davidson chrome obsession ;D ;D ;D

cdc

BTW, does it look smaller than the GP6? Honda's RC212V looks really small at least with Nicky on board.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Excellent tire choice I must say. [laugh]

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
petzi said:

"The Desmosedici GP7 is characterized by having a new and exclusive colour scheme called “Red Chrome Racing”, produced with a special paint that is destined to highlight the lines and the design of the new machine as well as guaranteeing an extremely technological and innovative chrome effect."
Sounds similar in concept to McLaren paint, which I always thought looked schweet. I'm not sure how I feel about the big barcode on the side, but it still looks better than most other motogp bikes (like the RC212V :-X).

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
jagstang said:
Sounds similar in concept to McLaren paint, which I always thought looked schweet. I'm not sure how I feel about the big barcode on the side, but it still looks better than most other motogp bikes (like the RC212V :-X).
If you scan that barcode it'll read Marlboro.......

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
bozcorob said:
If you scan that barcode it'll read Marlboro.......
[laugh] That was a good one!

·
Registered
0 Posts
The marlboro logo was always on the front. Looks like that's the American version since ther eare no tobacco sponsor logos allowed here.. ::)

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
They're also not allowed in the EU. Starting this year. Alot of teams have dropped their tobacco sponsors and some tabacco sponsors have bowed out. I wonder if we'll see an advertising tie in to the MotoGP team for SanDisk here in the US. I doubt it.

That is a sweet looking 'sickle!

·
Registered
401 Posts
dukatea said:
The marlboro logo was always on the front. Looks like that's the American version since ther eare no tobacco sponsor logos allowed here.. ::)

I have always wonderd why Ducati never has a logo on the bike in magazines. But I have seen a INDY car that is sponsoed by Marlboro? Is this rule just for teams outside the US?

·
Registered
541 Posts
the barcode is awesome.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
there were non-us races last year where the yammy team bike/leathers sometimes said "team" in the camel font, sometimes said "camel". at the same races sometimes the duc bikes/leathers would say marlboro, sometimes they wouldn't... there were definitely races where one would be running the tobacco co name and one wouldn't. sepang comes to mind. now camel has dropped their gp sponsorship and marlboro hasn't. and why wouldn't the gp7 be sporting the sponsor name when it's just a press introduction (in italy) ^^?

so i have no idea what the deal is there.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts