Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy's, would like to have your opinion on this new full system for S4RS in inconel by HPE as well as for the S2R & S4R, we will be able to offer them but I am looking for some feedback what you guy's think about the looks of it.

I did not have one on the dyno yet but so far all other HPE systems we tested did very well.

This full system will retail for $ 2150.00 and yes your discount will still be available. They are also available just as slip on for $ 1250.00 but I personly don't like that big can under the motor very much.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right now there is no carbon option, HPE makes most of the pipes out of inconel, this is actualy the same material that all F1 exhaust systems are made of, it is lighter then titanium & stronger and it does not turn blue & red in colors from the heat like other systems.

I agree, the shorter the nicer but they have the european TUV certification for road use and that's just what was aproved, they have some strickt regulations over there. It's not like here, just put on what ever you want, almost any change from stock must have the TUV certification otherwise you get a major ticket.

Right now these are the only pictures, this style has just been released and as soon as I get my hands on some more pictures I will post them.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
well only 'cause you asked... ewww! and for that kinda kwan it should come with an ECM or its own track girl or something. To stick with those same cans it might look better one on each side. Otherwise, chop them back a good long ways so they don't look silly with a tail chop. Other than that they're perfect.... ::)

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I'm liking em. I would definately consider a set if I didn't already have the termi kit.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Actually look a bit better off the bike. Never been a fan of reverse megaphone pipes, which is essentially what these are, Iconel or no. I agree that making them shorter would improve their looks on the bike - truly be more of the "GP" style than they are now.

I wouldn't buy them as they are, especially with no ECU, air filter, PCIII, or some other contraption to address the intake and fuel part of the equation - and definitely not for that kind of money.

·
Banned
1,235 Posts
The idea and overall design lines are fantastic, but the finished product looks like poop.

It seems that legal regualtions and marketing got involved in R&D...

Q

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
I think that even if the tips didn't curve out the back even it would look a lot nicer. There are no curves in a monster. Unless it offers insanely more HP dont bother. The logo helps with the fugly factor too. I request Shift-Tech Makes a quality CF exhaust. 54mm for the new Testastretta please. bigger headers mean more HP and the exhaust with the most increase wins.

I dont get why people make over 60mm headers for the SBK's but you cant find them for the S4R or Rs.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.