Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lesson of the day: billet drains the wallet. The crashes on my SS got me into mod mode, and I've been spending money on the bikes like there's no tomorrow:

900SS
- CycleCat DBR adjustable clip-ons
- SpeedyMoto 5-spoke clutch cover (just like the Monster, except in silver)
- DemoTimes case saver insert

S4R
- Billet clutch spring retainer
- CycleCat billet sidestand
- Evoluzione clutch slave
- DemoTimes case saver insert

So what's the cure for this wallet-draining sickess? Start riding Japanese bikes?

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
I’ve been waist deep into the customization/personalization aspect of Italian bikes from the beginning (well, from my first Aprilia). Come to think of it, the “mod bug” has been with me since my car-crazy days (VW/Porsche/Audi). It is indeed… A Sickness.

Today, I’m content with my V-Dub MKIV daily driver (full suspension upgrade, naturally). But the bike mods never cease! The problem is – once the bikes are beautifully equipped with uber-cool & exclusive upgrades, I hesitate riding them without regard to the “consequences”. Therefore, in order to preserve my sanity, I am looking at adding a third bike to the garage. One I can THRASH guilt-free. I’m looking at – yes – Japanese (this is where that song kicks in: “Turning Japanese, I think I’m turning Japanese I really think so…”). I’m thinking GSXR 750 – affordable, very fast and a dime a dozen (Ebay!). The Zook will serve as my track biiatch, tourer, rainy day reserve, etc.

ANYhoooo – may your mods proceed. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
454 Posts
desmoquattro said:
Tried that too. Too much maintenance...both her and her bike ;D
Tried children yet?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Mostrobelle said:
Get a girlfriend. ;D
way more dangerous, more difficult to maintain, and cost more than any motorcycle does :-X

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
johnc said:
way more dangerous, more difficult to maintain, and cost more than any motorcycle does :-X
'sides, when you crash your GF, no one--particularly not the cops or the judge--ever says, "Don't worry about her. It doesn't matter if she's totalled. Just as long as you're alright."

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Spidey said:
'sides, when you crash your GF, no one--particularly not the cops or the judge--ever says, "Don't worry about her. It doesn't matter if she's totalled. Just as long as you're alright."
Too bad they don't make frame sliders that fit girlfriends...I suspect they'd have trouble engineering the through-the-engine mounting bolt...

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
desmoquattro said:
Too bad they don't make frame sliders that fit girlfriends...I suspect they'd have trouble engineering the through-the-engine mounting bolt...
You have no idea the self-control required to not respond with the truly, truly wrong thoughts I just had.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts