Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to thank everyone for their help while I was trying to decide on the bike. I got the 695 and love it. Its such a sweet bike, what are some good upgrades. I want a 2 brothers exhuast system but I dont think they make one for the 695. Some websites that offer alot for ducati's would be nice. -Thanks :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Congrats on your bike.

I am looking to get a bike soon. I am not sure if I should go with the 695 or the S2R.

I am a new rider, any ideas?

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
kvocal said:
Congrats on your bike.

I am looking to get a bike soon. I am not sure if I should go with the 695 or the S2R.

I am a new rider, any ideas?
There've been lots of threads on the subject and it usually comes down to personal preference. Do you like the single sided swingarm and shotgun style exhaust better than the more traditional Monster look of the 695? If so, the S2R is for you. If you want to save some cash for mods and don't mind the look of the 695, then it's for you. You can't go wrong with either.

·
Registered
69 Posts
superjohn said:
There've been lots of threads on the subject and it usually comes down to personal preference. Do you like the single sided swingarm and shotgun style exhaust better than the more traditional Monster look of the 695? If so, the S2R is for you. If you want to save some cash for mods and don't mind the look of the 695, then it's for you. You can't go wrong with either.
Thanks for the info. I will take a look at some of the other threads [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Good luck with it! [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
superjohn said:
Congrats!! You're going to love it!. Check out the sponsors page for all the parts and accesories you could ever want. Also browse through the featured monsters of the past and see what people put on theirs.

http://www.ducatimonster.org/sponsors.html

Have fun. [thumbsup]
+1 and happy riding!

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I cant tear myself off this bike ahaha. I believe im breaking it in correctly (just riding it). I was told by alot of older riders ( guys in my parents riding club) that its good to get on it a couple times and bad to keep it around a constant rpm, but either way I am forever a ducati owner. To hear that sound and feel the vibration of that L-Twin is amazing.... when I drove it out of the shop I was speechless. I have pics just nowhere to upload them. :/

·
Registered
51 Posts
movezig said:
How would I core my exhaust? TutoriaL?
Search the FAQ there are lots and lots of tutorials about this and also chopping too.

As to your previous question about 2Brothers slipOns for the 695, any slip on for a relivent monster should do just fine.
I got the 695 in November and slapped some SIL high level carbons onto mine from a monster 750 with no problems and oh boy what a noise.

To kvocal, the s2 has a lot more go in it than the 695 does and is a faster bike, if you are capable of controlling that and have the extra cash then 100% get that. If you have doubts as its your first bike, then just stick with the 695, it really has more than enough power and is a very easy bike to ride.

ash

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
First mod, 14t front sprocket. Otherwise, its good to see you finally made a decision. Theres lots of 695 owners here now so your questions most likely have been discussed in some thread before. Dont hesitate to use the search button or ask anyone you see has the mods youre interested in.

·
Registered
320 Posts
+1 on the coring. Very little cash provided you have the tools to do it and the sound is awesome. Easy mod to start with and directions are in the FAQ. Give a shout if you need a hand. Congrats on the purchase and happy trails.

Erik

·
Registered
355 Posts
I just ordered mine (the 14T), along with a Evoluzione clutch slave cylinder, some Pro Grip carbon/gel grips, and the so-called "pin wrenches" for adjusting pre-load spring rate on the rear shock. Other bits added so far include the front fairing / tail cover (as was standard on the 620), eliminated the reflector Christmas tree on the tail (no tail chop, but am considering the plate relocator as a compromise 8) ), the 3M tankslapper film, and a set of Rizoma Rizoma Radial Naked mirrors. Yes, and I've had the bike for all of three months! Sometime in February or March, I plan to suck it up and get the DP full Termi kit, which includes upswept c.f. exhaust, chip, and intake filter. And no, I don't wish I'd sunk the money into a different (i.e, larger displacement) Monster to begin with... there's time enough for that! Welcome to the slippery slope.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts