Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The nice officer let me go with a warning ;D Probably not so much a question of being nice, though; I figure they didn't actually get a read on me so couldn't leagally write me up. He said they'd clocked the F-150 I was passing at 57mph (I think the speed limit was 60 and it was a legal passing zone) and couldn't understand why I had to pass. "Well officer, it's because being stuck behind that big-ass cage through all those nice twisties up ahead just wouldn't be right." ;) At any rate, he was cool enough about it. Said that usually when he stops a Ducati the rider is in full leathers, then he asked if leathers come with the bike when you buy a Ducati. Hmm, good idea :D He wrote down my CDL#, gave me a warning, and said to ride safely. It was on Butts Canyon Rd, which runs between Middletown and Angwin (East of Napa Vly, and some exceptional riding!).

·
Registered
571 Posts
Said that usually when he stops a Ducati the rider is in full leathers, then he asked if leathers come with the bike when you buy a Ducati.
Did you tell him, "No, its because we are sensible, and enjoy keeping our skin if we come off"

Lucky break you got ;D

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hey, we missed him on Saturday!!!

Yeah, you're one dangerous guy on those Napa hiways... ;)

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you tell him, "No, its because we are sensible, and enjoy keeping our skin if we come off"

Lucky break you got

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Me, not so lucky. Ticketed for turning left across a striped median in San Carlos, on El Camino (on the M750). Every other median on ElCam in that area is an actual damned median(!).

The kicker is it's the same cop that gave me a speeding ticket for going 38 in a 30 in the Outback. Both tickets from the same guy, almost exactly 1 year apart, each less that 1/4mi from my house.

And close enough together, I can't do school, so I have to go appeal hard-luck in court. Sucking f*cks.

Chris

·
Registered
472 Posts
Beerfest was a blast...beer, more beer, oysters, pizza, beer, pasta, corndogs, beer, beer, good beer, umm...am i forgetting something...beer.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sucks about the ticket MB, but Yeah, that S4 looks to be one badass MF. Speaking of which, I had the pleasure of riding along side of DuckDiggler's S4 on Sat. ;D

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Beerfest was a blast...beer, more beer, oysters, pizza, beer, pasta, corndogs, beer, beer, good beer, umm...am i forgetting something...beer.
Very nice!

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
"...I always find them two in front
of me, next to me, behind me.

Being behind a Ducati is a problem:
it blows steaming hot air into your
face and the noise is like being
in a disco at night..."

--VALENTINO ROSSI 8)

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Hey Diggler...how'd you get the bar clamp on your S4? That's pretty trick! Any more comfortable?? (pls start a new thread if this is threadjacking)

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Yep, is the 2nd pic I was checking out on your website.

Pls. shoot me info...off-list is fine. Whatever. The S4 is a bit of a stretch to the bars. Not bad for short-to-medium rides. Longer and my wrists start to ache. Maybe I need to do more back and stomach exercises, eh? :p

Chris

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
humbaba won't care...I think.
"... Humbaba's breath is like fire, and his jaws are death itself"...

but really, he's up for a good ol' threadjacking every now and again. ;)

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
With all these "thingys" around, I hope that's the ONLY kind of jacking going on.

[wooooo, he crosses the line...BAD MB, NO COOKIE! (whack)]

MB

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice play DD - See? ... Humbaba is the ORIGINAL naked monster ;D

Can't take that MonkeyBoy anywhere nice ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts