Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided i couldn’t wait any longer to get a test ride so I traded my BMW in for a new 821 without a test ride, after all, I had ridden the last model. I’m so impressed with it in almost every respect but there is one thing I really don’t like, and that’s the frame sticking out right where my knees want to be. I’d read and watched loads of reviews and only one person mentioned it. Oh well, I suppose I’ll get used to it. I’ve already put a tail tidy on and wired in my Tom Tom. I have a rizoma bar end mirror arriving in a couple of days and I will be ordering a scProject gp end can next week, so that it’s on next month’s credit card bill, and that will be it. Well, that’s the plan!

·
Registered
21 Posts
but there is one thing I really don’t like, and that’s the frame sticking out right where my knees want to be. I’d read and watched loads of reviews and only one person mentioned it. Oh well, I suppose I’ll get used to it.
I noticed the same thing on my 1200 when I was sitting on it stationary. Didn't seem to be an issue on the two rides I've had since purchasing it. Time will tell.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I decided i couldn’t wait any longer to get a test ride so I traded my BMW in for a new 821 without a test ride, after all, I had ridden the last model. I’m so impressed with it in almost every respect but there is one thing I really don’t like, and that’s the frame sticking out right where my knees want to be. I’d read and watched loads of reviews and only one person mentioned it. Oh well, I suppose I’ll get used to it. I’ve already put a tail tidy on and wired in my Tom Tom. I have a rizoma bar end mirror arriving in a couple of days and I will be ordering a scProject gp end can next week, so that it’s on next month’s credit card bill, and that will be it. Well, that’s the plan!
Me too...sold my 1200gs and bought the 821. What is a tail tidy? I don’t understand your knee issue. it does get quite warm on the legs if you’re in traffic.
cheers
keep safe

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I noticed the same thing on my 1200 when I was sitting on it stationary. Didn't seem to be an issue on the two rides I've had since purchasing it. Time will tell.
I will get used to it because I love everything else about the bike, even just looking at it in my garage!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts